'70 Ford Torino COBRA - Revell

Not in love with this big gap b/w hood and body. What would a skilled modeler do? I can't see a fix that won't be MORE noticeable. I'll live.20240714_223904.jpg20240714_223844.jpg

On the hood, you could always add some styrene sheet to the fender side to tighten that gap up. About all I can think to do.

What do you think?
My opinion is that metallic paint looks good on cars, flakes might be too large for scale but still looks cool.

But, I think that what YOU think of it is more important. If you are trying for a concourse type approach then this is the wrong paint, there were very few (none?) factory cars with metal flakes in the early 70s. If you just wanted to make it look like the photo, it is the wrong paint. But...DO YOU LIKE IT?

(your opinion is what matters most)

I'm over it. Moving on. What is an easy technic bring some life to this flat black chassis? Brown wash?
20240725_213912.jpg

And shouldn't there be a bracket kit piece to go here?

20240727_225154(2).jpg

NICE... 370 BHP - 700 Holley - 4:30 Locker... Sweet ride; a buddy and I re-built his so, so many years ago. I remember it could get up and m o v e. Thanks for sharing this and like the color, too.

Mynch, munch. It will spit it out in around 6 months time.......Pantherman
Funny story. I actually found the kit alternator in my clothes-pin cubie. After adding a little shading, I must have just stashed it away. Of course, I had already purchased some metal ones from Model Car Garage. I must say I'm not impressed with these particular accessories. The mold seems kinda shabby to me, so into the parts box. Maybe I'm too critical, Would I need to "sand" these down?20240805_101857.jpg

Latest posts

Back