Ace of Spades From Destiny 2

wjbrandel

Got a commission to do. 2 Ace of Spade guns from a video game called Destiny 2. A coworker 3D printed 2 guns (1 for him and one for his brother) and asked me to put them together and paint them.

20241012_175202.jpg

20241012_175222.jpg

Clean up was a pain with all of the supports and I have already started the paint process by painting the barrel black. next step is to assemble the guns. It should be easy, only 4 parts and he provided the glue for it. However I am not looking forward to seam filling.

Got a commission to do. 2 Ace of Spade guns from a video game called Destiny 2. A coworker 3D printed 2 guns (1 for him and one for his brother) and asked me to put them together and paint them.

View attachment 127173

View attachment 127178

Clean up was a pain with all of the supports and I have already started the paint process by painting the barrel black. next step is to assemble the guns. It should be easy, only 4 parts and he provided the glue for it. However I am not looking forward to seam filling.
If you have access to bondo putty you can thin it down with acetone and spread it over the print lines to cut down on your sanding. you can also use filler primer as well to assist.

What's the material, WJ? Are they printed in styrene, some variety of resin?
It is printed in PLA filiment.
If you have access to bondo putty you can thin it down with acetone and spread it over the print lines to cut down on your sanding. you can also use filler primer as well to assist.
With the print lines, Joe doesn't want the lines blended. he likes the lines, said it looks great with the lines.

I got the parts together and here is how it looks.

20241014_153409.jpg

A little more sanding and a little more putty and the seams will be filled.

One bad part is that they won't fit easily in my paint booth, so I need to get some rattle cans to paint them

Latest posts

Back