AFV Centurian

I've an AFVC kit in my next-up pile. Unfortunately, I have several in my in-progress pile.

Just wanted to repeat PM, post lots of pics, we love looking.

At models. Plastic ones, sheesh!

Sorry been a bit tardy, been working on this one on and off for last few weeks,

Well there's lots of spruces, runs from A - Z. Clear parts as well as PE. The kit has common parts for a number of the different types so as I have discovered, have loads of unused parts - would feel a bit cheated, but the end product is really good so that helps. Has vinyl wheels which I later found out are a bugger to keep paint on. Vinyl tracks are great quality, well printed and crisp. Metal barrel in the kit is really a bonus.

Very little flash, great detail, but lots of little odds and sods to fit or get gobbled by the carpet monster.

Suspension is working, once you work out it's actually not as complicated to assemble as you think, goes together. Things fit together really well.

Fit is very good, lack of drilled locators would make you think it's difficult, but there are very light mount guides printed and that really is a bonus.

The one thing I noticed is where you snip from the sprue, it stays very white doesn't blend like Tamiya as you clean up

I'm half way through painting at the moment, hopefully will get this finished this weeeked

IMG_1389.jpeg

IMG_1390.jpeg

IMG_1391.jpeg

IMG_1392.jpeg

IMG_1394.jpeg

IMG_1395.jpeg

IMG_1397.jpeg

IMG_1399.jpeg

IMG_1400.jpeg

IMG_1403.jpeg

Sorry been a bit tardy, been working on this one on and off for last few weeks,

Well there's lots of spruces, runs from A - Z. Clear parts as well as PE. The kit has common parts for a number of the different types so as I have discovered, have loads of unused parts - would feel a bit cheated, but the end product is really good so that helps. Has vinyl wheels which I later found out are a bugger to keep paint on. Vinyl tracks are great quality, well printed and crisp. Metal barrel in the kit is really a bonus.

Very little flash, great detail, but lots of little odds and sods to fit or get gobbled by the carpet monster.

Suspension is working, once you work out it's actually not as complicated to assemble as you think, goes together. Things fit together really well.

Fit is very good, lack of drilled locators would make you think it's difficult, but there are very light mount guides printed and that really is a bonus.

The one thing I noticed is where you snip from the sprue, it stays very white doesn't blend like Tamiya as you clean up

I'm half way through painting at the moment, hopefully will get this finished this weeeked

View attachment 124606

View attachment 124607

View attachment 124608

View attachment 124609

View attachment 124610

View attachment 124611

View attachment 124612

View attachment 124613

View attachment 124614

View attachment 124615
Nice. Pantherman

Decided AFV Club models are worth the money. Absolutely love this one, was great assembly, little flash/clean up, and nothing claimed by the carpet monster.

Decals aren't the greatest, ended up buying some from Star Decals as I find them easier to use than most.

Finished in SCC15, although the photo comes out a little darker than it actually is. Added a tankie off of EBay and some stowage.

IMG_1425.jpeg

IMG_1429.jpeg

IMG_1430.jpeg

IMG_1431.jpeg

IMG_1432.jpeg

Decided AFV Club models are worth the money. Absolutely love this one, was great assembly, little flash/clean up, and nothing claimed by the carpet monster.

Decals aren't the greatest, ended up buying some from Star Decals as I find them easier to use than most.

Finished in SCC15, although the photo comes out a little darker than it actually is. Added a tankie off of EBay and some stowage.

View attachment 124634

View attachment 124635

View attachment 124636

View attachment 124637

View attachment 124638
Great build. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back