Boatmans USS NIMITZ CVN 68

BOATMAN

HI ALL im sorry but as my laptop as been wiped last week ive lost all the pics of my USS NIMTZ build as a member Down time has asked to see so i can only post a few pics of her that ive still got on my laptop may have other pics of it somewhere but finding them is another thing if i do come accross them i'll post them but they wont be in the correct order an first a pic of my Nimitz at a model show my wife jen sitting on gaurd as people always wanted to touch an she is not very happy here due to the fact she had just been told she has got cancer so not a happy pic im afraid anyway the pic of nimitz at near 9ft long an she had working aircraft elevators up an down an hander doors open an close an 5 working radars all from one motor
IMG_5151.JPGIMG_5151.JPGP1060693.JPG

AN above pic the fight deck an NIMITZ was carryin 54 aircraft on her flight deck an in her hangers bays an some aircraft like the hawkeys had workin engines an nav lights an strobe light all in 1/144 scale as the ship was this cale built in an working lights in the super hornet as well just a pity most build pics have been lost but i have them on a memrory stick i think but if i load this into my laptop then i'll get all the junk as well that has built up over the yrs so i darent do it

here a shot of just some of the workins inside the front part of the hull as this like all my models were built in two halfs so i could half them to make ease of transport to the Norwich pond an best pond in the uk in my opinon IMG_4302.JPG

AN Here the 4 motors bay an at this time was still under construckion with the rear hanger bay showin an 3 tomcats in the bay sorry pics not good but this model was built 20 yrs ago but i sold NIMITZ to a gent in portsmouth an he is still sailing her today so i build the model good as it was scratchbuilt hull im amazed that it is still sailing IMG_4301.JPG

AN tomcats just goin down on the rear elevators as the other side elevator worked in tandam with this one same with hanger doors IMG_4316 - Copy.JPG to the hanger bay just after the hanger door has opened

WELL Down time sorry i havnt got more pics as the orginenal build consisted of over a hundred pics but cant be helped if i find any better pics i will post them on here ok
chrisb

Back