Broken bottle

durangod

Has this ever happened to you? I received a small bottle of black wash, when i opened it the tip was broken off.

I figure it either got damaged in shipment, someone returned it broken and they just resold it, they broke it trying to refill it with a look alike product and sell it as premium, it was damaged from the factory, or it has been on the shelf so long that the plastic tip broke due to age. Is this a common occurance?

20240910_050905.jpg

Nope. I've replaced caps on my Testors Model Master paint jars. I save the caps when my paints are gone or gone bad.
Has this ever happened to you? I received a small bottle of black wash, when i opened it the tip was broken off.

I figure it either got damaged in shipment, someone returned it broken and they just resold it, they broke it trying to refill it with a look alike product and sell it as premium, it was damaged from the factory, or it has been on the shelf so long that the plastic tip broke due to age. Is this a common occurance?

View attachment 124410

The wash will be fine without the plastic tip. You still have the cap so what's the difference?

That's a plastic eyedropper bottle, right? If it is, it's not too unusual for the tip to crack or break. Vallejo is known for having that problem, where a batch of bottles will have tips that tend to crack or break. Sometimes, and if yours is a new bottle, I don't expect it's the case, but if you put the cap on too tightly, it can crack the plastic of the cap. I think your hunch that it was damaged in shipment is probably correct.
If it's not an eyedropper cap, then what I said doesn't apply here.

Latest posts

Back