Caution!!! Bad Pilots

Now you understand why I never buy anything hobby related through Amazon. Lots of misleading/mislabeled BS out there.
A lot of times they're coming from a third party distributor. That's should be a huge red flag enough for me not to order anything from Amazon.

I get it that some folks like it. I have my reasons that goes beyond purchasing anything from Amazon.

Going by the computer-rendered image, they're 3D-printed, so the maker can supply them in pretty much any scale desired, as long as they fit in the printer.
HI Jakko im glad you posted this about these pilots as i was lookin for some to fit in my tomcat an hornet thanks for the warning
cheers sir
chrisb

The pic is the type of render you get from software like Rhino.
If you search you will probably find other listings of the exact same product, and images, listed in different scales.
It is possible to make one listing with scale options, but this way is easier since eBay offers free listings.

Just want to make a recommendation when dealing with Asian (especially Chinese) sellers on eBay and Amamazon.
I will contact the seller before I buy, with questions about the product.
If I get an understandable response, and an attempt at "customer service", then I order from them.
If not, I don't.

I am a strong advocate of not supporting China these days, but like many I still succumb to the lower prices.
And I have been amazed over the years at the communication and help from some Chinese sellers.
Just like over 'ere, across the pond, there are good sellers and bad ones.
There are those that will answer your questions, and try to make sure you get the right product.

And then...there is the no argument, refund/return policy that has been adopted by Chinese vendors.
If you are unsatisfied in any way, their practice is to refund fully, but they prefer not to receive the returned goods.
You can feel confident in a no-hassle guaranty if the product is not what you expected.
Just try to make sure a seller offers refunds before you purchase.

I already bought Vietnam Pilots. This decision is not because I like Vietnam pilots it's because I want the Vietnam helicopter to have Vietnam pilots bringing in the new JLTV-GP Camouflage carrying the JLTV-GP sling loaded under a CH-47A Chinook.

shipped002.png

The pic is the type of render you get from software like Rhino.
If you search you will probably find other listings of the exact same product, and images, listed in different scales.
It is possible to make one listing with scale options, but this way is easier since eBay offers free listings.

Just want to make a recommendation when dealing with Asian (especially Chinese) sellers on eBay and Amamazon.
I will contact the seller before I buy, with questions about the product.
If I get an understandable response, and an attempt at "customer service", then I order from them.
If not, I don't.

I am a strong advocate of not supporting China these days, but like many I still succumb to the lower prices.
And I have been amazed over the years at the communication and help from some Chinese sellers.
Just like over 'ere, across the pond, there are good sellers and bad ones.
There are those that will answer your questions, and try to make sure you get the right product.

And then...there is the no argument, refund/return policy that has been adopted by Chinese vendors.
If you are unsatisfied in any way, their practice is to refund fully, but they prefer not to receive the returned goods.
You can feel confident in a no-hassle guaranty if the product is not what you expected.
Just try to make sure a seller offers refunds before you purchase.

I'm in 100% agreement in this. Always ask the seller first if you have questions. I've never ordered anything directly from China - not yet anyways, LOL!…. BUT I have ordered directly from Taiwan and Plaza Japan (great stuff not found anywhere in Plaza Japan). You will expect a much longer delivery time from any Asian companies. Not everything is shipped by airlines but a vast majority of it are shipped via slow boat. Then it has to go through customs in California as well. So patience is a must. Not uncommon to wait upwards to a month at times before getting it your mailbox after your first order.

Ukraine I believe is shipped via airlines and they're also going through customs as well.

I'd rather shop in U.S. markets first before ordering from any overseas hobby shops. I never order anything from overseas sellers thru eBay or Amazon. Half the time the shipping charges from overseas sellers are ridiculous. Some are insanely expensive.

Does ScaleHobbyist ship from local places? I got my first shipment of paint in only a few days. Question is... I bought orange that the Painting guide indicated and wonder if the luminous orange might still be better looking.

Back