Clear parts

jdam dropper

Hi, I purchased a new model but the clear canopy has minor scratches. How can I fix it? I can't use pledge/future (I see that some use it to fix the problem). Can a light spray of clear gloss fix it?

Try the Tamiya finishing compounds. Start with the course, next the fine, lastly the finishing polish. You can purchase the set of 3 tubes usually as a set.Use or purchase their soft polishing cloths if you don't have any.
I have had good luck with these. Be careful not to use too much pressure as you can break the canopy.
Good luck
Doc Sudy

Thanks, after using the compund will there be a opaqueish tone left on the clear canopy? and my canopy is a tinted one will it still work?

No it won't cause any opacity assuming you don't use heavy pressure and use clean soft rags. I only used it on clear canopy's but don't know why it would not work for a tinted one assuming the tint is not a film but is imbedded in the plastic. If it is a film,then I am not sure if this will work. Depending on you model kit you can contact the manufacturer,usually by email and request a new part .Tamiya for example is very good about that although it may take about 2 wks to get to you.
Hope that helps
Doc Sudy

Latest posts

Back