Completed models.....

Scratchbuilder

In my introduction several of the members asked me to post photos of some of my builds.... Sorry guys, but you asked for it....
20201101_180954.jpg
Before 'Megatron' there was a Challenger under the title TES, which you could say was the Megs father.... And so taking the Tamiya Challenger desert version I turned out the TES version. Most of the build is scratch, with non-slip texturing where it was applied. The 'Barracuda'was placed on a two part epoxy blanket to replicate the cooling blanket, and the bar armour was from the Accurate Armour brass etch set.
20220213_110524.jpg
This is the Meng 'Doobie' but built with a detailed interior and the bar armour from the Voyager brass detail set... And nearly forgot, Fruil tracks...
20240521_155153_HDR.jpg
Here is my M109 'Doher'... This is the AFV Club offering and that is as far as AFV went, the interior was completely rebuilt to IDF specs, this included a new drivers compartment, fully detailed with a new instrument panel etc. The main compartment was again rebuilt with ne main armament details, gone is the periscope sighting system which is replaced with a new computerised system. All new internal stowage, ready rack and piping has been added.
20210407_150433.jpg
This is the IDF fitters vehicle which is one of two I have built, this one has the HIAB crane and rear top lifting hatch to carry a spare engine if required plus all new stowage boxes from aluminium sheet...
20231106_121535_HDR.jpg
And finally based on the Academy Warrior, this is my version with modified Accurate Armour interior and full slat armour in brass etch...

I should state that all of my models are based on real vehicles and taken from photo's in books such as the Tankograd series...

Hope I have given you some insight into my world of models.

Cheers
Mike.

Back