Completed models.....

Scratchbuilder

In my introduction several of the members asked me to post photos of some of my builds.... Sorry guys, but you asked for it....
20201101_180954.jpg
Before 'Megatron' there was a Challenger under the title TES, which you could say was the Megs father.... And so taking the Tamiya Challenger desert version I turned out the TES version. Most of the build is scratch, with non-slip texturing where it was applied. The 'Barracuda'was placed on a two part epoxy blanket to replicate the cooling blanket, and the bar armour was from the Accurate Armour brass etch set.
20220213_110524.jpg
This is the Meng 'Doobie' but built with a detailed interior and the bar armour from the Voyager brass detail set... And nearly forgot, Fruil tracks...
20240521_155153_HDR.jpg
Here is my M109 'Doher'... This is the AFV Club offering and that is as far as AFV went, the interior was completely rebuilt to IDF specs, this included a new drivers compartment, fully detailed with a new instrument panel etc. The main compartment was again rebuilt with ne main armament details, gone is the periscope sighting system which is replaced with a new computerised system. All new internal stowage, ready rack and piping has been added.
20210407_150433.jpg
This is the IDF fitters vehicle which is one of two I have built, this one has the HIAB crane and rear top lifting hatch to carry a spare engine if required plus all new stowage boxes from aluminium sheet...
20231106_121535_HDR.jpg
And finally based on the Academy Warrior, this is my version with modified Accurate Armour interior and full slat armour in brass etch...

I should state that all of my models are based on real vehicles and taken from photo's in books such as the Tankograd series...

Hope I have given you some insight into my world of models.

Cheers
Mike.

My dude, you are amazing!

Those brass/PE slats on the Bradley must have been infuriating.

What is the difference with the Paladin and the Doher?

yeah I could google it, but I prefer hearing from the person inspired to put that much effort into it.

My dude, you are amazing!

Those brass/PE slats on the Bradley must have been infuriating.

What is the difference with the Paladin and the Doher?

yeah I could google it, but I prefer hearing from the person inspired to put that much effort into it.
I started with the Kinetic offering of the 109 Doher, and contacted a friend in the IDF who basically told me to bin it.... Basically it is a US Army M109 with a few external bits added.
And so it was out with the AFV Club offering and wentt silly and bought the Black Dog resin M109 update - yes! great if you are building an American 109....
And even though he could not photograph the interior, he did send me sketches to use along with the Desert Eagle Publishing book and we emailed back and forth on items I needed. And so armed with the info it was build time....
I will not bore you with the build details but the pics should help. And the scale is 1/35.
20240130_153940_HDR.jpg
New drivers instrument panel.
20240308_105138_HDR.jpg
Ready rack in position.
20240328_115933_HDR.jpg
View into the gun compartment taken from underneath and showing the new sighting computer (this is the model not the real thing).
20240308_105200_HDR.jpg
More work on the interior roof..
20240127_102442_HDR.jpg
Interior during painting.
20240514_155311_HDR.jpg
20240514_155322_HDR.jpg
And nearly at the end of the build....

Cheers
Mike.

Amazing detail and weathering :) i love the dozer, i may have to do some heavy equipment, looks fun.

Latest posts

Back