Getting slowly ready to do some actual modelling again

Tannhauser

Greetings to All!

I have not yet posted anything as I was overwhelmed with a move, a new garage construction project which took almost a year instead of the original contractor estimate of "a few weeks" and my kit stash, references and hobby supplies scattered between three different physical locations.

But I am making real progress here and hope to be able to really plunge into building come this Fall, as the weather turns cold and nasty in this area. I certainly got plenty of inspiration at the 2024 IPMS USA Nationals. It was impressive. If money were no concern, I could easily have spent $ 100,000 in the vendor area! But alas, I had to limit myself to some books and a Hasegawa kit I have coveted for years but could not find.

I haven't yet decided what to build first, but here is my short list of 7 options:

• 1/72 BANDAI Poe's X-Wing Fighter (Hopefully the force would be with me as I unsheathe my #11 X-Acto blade)
  • 1/72 REVELL Hawker Hunter (Hawker Hunters just look so cool and offer such a vast array of marking options)
  • 1/72 MATCHBOX Lancaster (I'd call that pure nostalgia modelling)
  • 1/72 DML He-162A2 w/ Arado E377a "Mistel 5" (A taste of Luftwaffe 1946 anyone?)
  • 1/25 MPC 1984 GMC Pickup Truck "The Deserter" (Pretending it is the 1980's all over again)
  • 1/72 AIRFIX P-51D Mustang (I got a tall stack of them, as two local stores were blowing them out the door at $ 5.00 a piece a while ago)
  • 1/35 REVELL Panzerhaubitze 2000 SP Self-Propelled Gun (Now making their actual combat debut in Ukraine, but I would do the Bundeswehr version)
So, there you have it, FWIW.

All the best,
Tannhauser

Welcome!!!! Many great people here. As far as where to start, write the names of the kits on index cards, stick 'em to the wall, throw a dart. :cool:

Welcome to the Herd, Tannhauser! That's a pretty good group of kits for a start. I'd start with the 1/72 P-51D, as a warm-up.
I look forward to seeing your builds!
Best regards,
Brad

Latest posts

Back