Hello from south of the Alps

Andy the Sheep

Hello everybody.
I'm 61 (today) and I'm an Italian mountain troops retired officer.
I reached this forum following the migration of some modellers I used to follow on another forum (which I haven't left, anyway).
From what I saw there's a lot to learn here too, so I decided to join this community too and here is my introduction.
As many in this hobby, I glued and painted a lot of plastic in my teens, then my job has absorbed my time for 40 years; I came back to the hobby when retirement was in sight and now I enjoy the sound of little bits of plastic flying into the carpet monster jaws and the smell of TET and thinner.
I mainly use airbrushes (an old Badger 150 which has been following me since the late 70's, and a Badger 100, coupled to an Iwata compressor.
My modelling interests are not really focused; I build planes, military vehicles, paint figures and, more generally, I build what I fancy.
Other main interests: history and military history and music (from Bauhaus to Bach :cool:).
Currently my modelling activity has stalled: some RL events are asking for my almost full attention, but I hope things will settle down soon and my whining bench will see some more plastic and paint flying around.

Here are some random pics from my previous builds. Scales from 1/144 (Tigers) to 1/72 and 1/48 (mainly aircrafts and the dios) and 1/35.

IMG_0092r.jpgIMG_0561.JPGIMG_0622r.JPGIMG_1541.JPGIMG_1556.JPGIMG_1709.JPGIMG_1711.JPGIMG_3337r.JPGIMG_7588.JPGTeca 2 (16).JPG

Hope you'll enjoy and... be generous with my English.
BTW: I'll not get offended if someone will be so kind to point out mistakes both in language and modelling: learning is far more important than pride.;)

Andrea

Hello everybody.
I'm 61 (today) and I'm an Italian mountain troops retired officer.
I reached this forum following the migration of some modellers I used to follow on another forum (which I haven't left, anyway).
From what I saw there's a lot to learn here too, so I decided to join this community too and here is my introduction.
As many in this hobby, I glued and painted a lot of plastic in my teens, then my job has absorbed my time for 40 years; I came back to the hobby when retirement was in sight and now I enjoy the sound of little bits of plastic flying into the carpet monster jaws and the smell of TET and thinner.
I mainly use airbrushes (an old Badger 150 which has been following me since the late 70's, and a Badger 100, coupled to an Iwata compressor.
My modelling interests are not really focused; I build planes, military vehicles, paint figures and, more generally, I build what I fancy.
Other main interests: history and military history and music (from Bauhaus to Bach :cool:).
Currently my modelling activity has stalled: some RL events are asking for my almost full attention, but I hope things will settle down soon and my whining bench will see some more plastic and paint flying around.

Here are some random pics from my previous builds. Scales from 1/144 (Tigers) to 1/72 and 1/48 (mainly aircrafts and the dios) and 1/35.

View attachment 126737View attachment 126738View attachment 126739View attachment 126740View attachment 126741View attachment 126742View attachment 126743View attachment 126744View attachment 126745View attachment 126746

Hope you'll enjoy and... be generous with my English.
BTW: I'll not get offended if someone will be so kind to point out mistakes both in language and modelling: learning is far more important than pride.;)

Andrea
Hello Andrea
Welcome to SMA. I'm also relatively new. There's a lot of great people here with a lot of interesting projects. I'm learning a lot all the time. Love your work. Keep it coming.
All the best,
Doc Sudy

Latest posts

Back