Hello, good people of this forum :)

Jakko

If I'm honest I don't normally post introductions when I join a forum, but hey, why not? I got pointed here by @Richard55, as he mentioned there's a lot of people here that I already know, but kind of lost touch with because of … issues over at another forum that shall remain nameless but whose abbreviation comes close to the one here. (For the record: unlike a good number of them, I didn't leave because I couldn't get along with the new forum software, though — I got booted off for a discussion that followed from me questioning the need for changing from XenForo to something less user-friendly.) If I'm honest, I already kind of missed the community we had there, but it looks like this forum could well be much the same as that used to be. At least there's familiar faces, even if the names and avatars may not always be what I was used to :)

Anyway, I've been building models since I was about six or seven years old, mostly 1:35 scale AFVs these days but with the odd 1:72 scale aircraft or entirely oddball subject thrown in. I have no particular era, country, war, manufacturer, or whatever that I focus on — I just build what I like because I find it interesting. I only wish I would finish more than I actually do ;)

Howdy. Might need to drag a chair from the back porch.

Leave that dog alone. He's on that chain for a reason.

Rob.

Welcome!!! So many showed up at once, I think we can scrounge up an old beach chair for ya......
Anyway, many great people here, original and new, post lots of pictures of your builds, we like to see.

Thanks, all :)

Welcome!!! So many showed up at once
Want to know something funny? That's pretty much what they said on the other forum too, about six and a half years ago, after a lot of us moved there from the Military Modelling forums, when those were shut down because the magazine ceased publication …

I think we can scrounge up an old beach chair for ya......
Heh, the beach is literally about a four-minute walk from where I'm sitting as I type this :) Not much of a day to go and sit there today, though.

Anyway, many great people here, original and new, post lots of pictures of your builds, we like to see.
That most certainly won't be a problem :)

Latest posts

Back