Here comes Snoopy in his Sopwith Camel.

Anyone try to marry the upper and lower wings yet? I have attempted to get it twice and had to put it down and walk away. I will try again later.

Anyone try to marry the upper and lower wings yet? I have attempted to get it twice and had to put it down and walk away. I will try again later.
Not yet. I remember the 1/48 we did, and it gave me some problems.
I don't know of an easy way to assemble them.
I have found that I really enjoy these planes, except joining the top wing(s) to the fuselage wing.

Is anyone's plane missing the rear landing gear? I think it's supposed to be molded with the fuselage. Mine is missing.

IMG_2549.jpeg

IMG_2550.jpeg

It was molded to the right half of the fuselage. Mine is still intact but I have been worrying about breaking it off.

It was molded to the right half of the fuselage. Mine is still intact but I have been worrying about breaking it off.
After looking at my model it looks like it was there at some point. I must've broke it off and didn't realize it. With any luck I can find it and glue it on.

I don't think I'll get too much done before next week. Next week is when the wife and I will be driving to Tennessee for Thanksgiving and to see my mom and sister who I haven't seen in about 8–10 years. It'll be good to see them.

At least I can still be in contact with y'all.

You know those tiny anchor points that go on the wings? Yeah, I lost 2 of the five. Pretty easy to make, though. Just need to sand the tip a little later.

20231115_202708.jpg

Is anyone's plane missing the rear landing gear? I think it's supposed to be molded with the fuselage. Mine is missing.

View attachment 108897

View attachment 108898
It looks like a mould point on one side of the fuselage so it could easily be taken as something that needs cleaning off. I just realised in time but that didn't stop me breaking it off when sanding the top joint of the fuselage, superglue to the rescue. Pantherman

I don't think I'll get too much done before next week. Next week is when the wife and I will be driving to Tennessee for Thanksgiving and to see my mom and sister who I haven't seen in about 8–10 years. It'll be good to see them.

At least I can still be in contact with y'all.
I'm also a little bit behind as not been feeling great lately. Got to go for some heart scans in a couple of weeks time. I will do what I can to keep up. It's actually quite good being behind as I'm getting lot's of great advice from you all. Pantherman

I'm also a little bit behind as not been feeling great lately. Got to go for some heart scans in a couple of weeks time. I will do what I can to keep up. It's actually quite good being behind as I'm getting lot's of great advice from you all. Pantherman
Brother, please take it easy. You're in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Latest posts

Back