HMS Victory Revell 1/146

Pantherman

I kinda got pushed into this build (thanks Downtime) so it's a very old kit, 1973 I think.

This was given to me by a friend after a clear out of his garage, he had it ages and never opened the box. He got it from a market many years ago.

So having opened the box we have a few challenges to sort. No instructions, looks like someone has cut away a few bits which I hope are in the box but I will need to check.

The rigging nets supplied have been folded badly and are a mess so they will need flattening.

Get the feeling this will be a challenge but having said that I'm weirdly looking forward to building it. Pantherman

20230715_145820.jpg

" I kinda got pushed into this build .. "

Haha , Oh , is That what keeps happening ? ;)
Well ,
I saw it happen too , if you need a note for work ..

I kinda got pushed into this build (thanks Downtime) so it's a very old kit, 1973 I think.

This was given to me by a friend after a clear out of his garage, he had it ages and never opened the box. He got it from a market many years ago.

So having opened the box we have a few challenges to sort. No instructions, looks like someone has cut away a few bits which I hope are in the box but I will need to check.

The rigging nets supplied have been folded badly and are a mess so they will need flattening.

Get the feeling this will be a challenge but having said that I'm weirdly looking forward to building it. Pantherman

View attachment 123633
So I managed to find a download of the destructions, printed and now ready to go.

After a quick look through I'm pretty sure that I have all the parts.

The stand is glued the wrong way round so I will have to sort that but not a problem. Pantherman
20240903_114646.jpg20240903_114622.jpg20240903_114627.jpg

I've been itching to do a proper sailing ship model with all the rigging. Might have to dust off the 1/72 Black Pearl kit

This will become a showcase to your superior building skills, we shall all ohhhh and ahhhh upon the completion of this endeavor.

I am really looking forward to the progress of this, you'll do it justice.

This will become a showcase to your superior building skills, we shall all ohhhh and ahhhh upon the completion of this endeavor.

I am really looking forward to the progress of this, you'll do it justice.
Thanks, no pressure then...Pantherman

im sure it will look great, just make it your own custom look

@blakeh1 yes please do the black pearl.

My jolly roger kit should be here today or monday.

I've finished it........ well I've finished the stand. Pulled it apart and corrected it.

Just got to build the ship and I'm done. Pantherman

View attachment 124114
Got a little bit done. There should be 56 cannons but 5 are missing. Loads of flash but it's a very old kit. The cannons are very time consuming and that's without paint. Pantherman
20240917_140225.jpg20240917_140200.jpg20240917_135518.jpg20240917_135537.jpg20240917_135623.jpg

Yes, cannons can be a pain. Being in one piece makes for some painting fun. Time to hone some wood carving skills to replace the lost ones. :)

Latest posts

Back