HMS Victory Revell 1/146

i would cut the bottoms of the cannon pieces off flat and super glue them, once you put the halves together your kind of screwed if they come lose.

You could possibly just "close the hatch" on the missing ones below deck. Not sure if the kit has separately molded hatches or not

Of course you could take a page from the Doolittle raid and replace the missing guns with broomsticks

You could possibly just "close the hatch" on the missing ones below deck. Not sure if the kit has separately molded hatches or not

Of course you could take a page from the Doolittle raid and replace the missing guns with broomsticks
Mine has seperate hatch doors and i considered that, but i felt that was too easy lol broomsticks

Not quite broomsticks but sprue and german infantry ammo pack's should do the trick. I will post some photos when I get round to making them. Pantherman

Got a little bit done. There should be 56 cannons but 5 are missing. Loads of flash but it's a very old kit. The cannons are very time consuming and that's without paint. Pantherman
View attachment 124802View attachment 124803View attachment 124804View attachment 124805View attachment 124806
Not too happy with the stripes, only myself to blame as I used a cheap masking tape that was the right size. It's gone in the bin with the other 4 reels of varying sizes.

Think I will wait to do any touching in until later as I plan to do the rest of the hull by brush. Pantherman
20240918_175548.jpg20240918_175554.jpg

Not too happy with the stripes, only myself to blame as I used a cheap masking tape that was the right size. It's gone in the bin with the other 4 reels of varying sizes.

Think I will wait to do any touching in until later as I plan to do the rest of the hull by brush. Pantherman
View attachment 124849View attachment 124850

I wouldn't worry about the stripes. this things could have been repainted/cleaned while at sea so the sailors were probably not to worried about getting it perfect, particularly when hanging overboard on ropes in the rough waves, also I am sure the paint/stain was pretty easy to wear off.

Chalk it up to weathering/lack of maintenance

Doesn't look bad at all from this end .
Just some touch-up here and there .
Did you really throw out the tape ? :D
I'd keep it around for at least just general tasks .

Got the main gun deck finished, it's a pity none of it will be seen when the top deck goes on.......... Pantherman
20240919_000954.jpg20240919_001005.jpg

Latest posts

Back