Hocus Pocus - Book of Spells

foenetik

Hi all, I hope everyone is good. Feel free to move this if it is in the wrong spot.

My Mom and Sister love the movie Hocus Pocus and they make an event of it every year. Last year my mom got this kit on Etsy and asked me to put it together, I procratinated a bit. The kit is nice enough but it was very basic so I had to modify it because I overcomplicate every task I take on. It's one of my super powers.

Here is the Kit (credit to original artist): Book of Spells Kit
BOS_ETSY.jpg

BOS_Etsy2.jpg

I used sculpt-a-mold to build out the book as the hardcover was very flat and the tissue paper texture was lacking the look I wanted. The scars and fingers are Apoxie Sculpt. I am not good at sculpting so a couple of the fingers resemble toes but what can you do. The stitches are waxed cord bound in superglue. If I was smart I would have waited for the sculpt-a-mold and drilled the stitch holes in the cover so I can just use one long string. Instead, I had to cut each stitch to size and glue it into a shallow hole. Very time consuming.

The light brown looks brighter than it actually is, for some reason the iphone insists on altering the pictures and it keeps oversaturating everything even if I turn off HDR.

Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoy.

BOS_Top.jpg

BOS_Snek.jpg

BOS_Eye.jpg

BOS_Binding.jpg

Hi all, I hope everyone is good. Feel free to move this if it is in the wrong spot.

My Mom and Sister love the movie Hocus Pocus and they make an event of it every year. Last year my mom got this kit on Etsy and asked me to put it together, I procratinated a bit. The kit is nice enough but it was very basic so I had to modify it because I overcomplicate every task I take on. It's one of my super powers.

Here is the Kit (credit to original artist): Book of Spells Kit
BOS_ETSY.jpg

BOS_Etsy2.jpg

I used sculpt-a-mold to build out the book as the hardcover was very flat and the tissue paper texture was lacking the look I wanted. The scars and fingers are Apoxie Sculpt. I am not good at sculpting so a couple of the fingers resemble toes but what can you do. The stitches are waxed cord bound in superglue. If I was smart I would have waited for the sculpt-a-mold and drilled the stitch holes in the cover so I can just use one long string. Instead, I had to cut each stitch to size and glue it into a shallow hole. Very time consuming.

The light brown looks brighter than it actually is, for some reason the iphone insists on altering the pictures and it keeps oversaturating everything even if I turn off HDR.

Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoy.

BOS_Top.jpg

BOS_Snek.jpg

BOS_Eye.jpg

BOS_Binding.jpg
Really nice work. The details are amazing, especially the eye.

Latest posts

Back