Jeep is (re)building a plane? What!

Jeep

Long ago, I had started a Tamiya A-1 (AD-7) Skyraider. This project got stuffed into a box as "forgotten"

Upon rediscovering this box and sorting its contents I decided that I just might be able to repair and finish this model. After looking around I found (in 6 different places) 99% of the parts to finish this plane. I am only missing the Right wing flap, I am hoping that it turns up. I also found and refinished a PSP apron base that was at the very bottom of the box.

This is my progress in bring a damaged and unfinished model back to life. A little history on this particular model, I think it may have been my very first airbrush applied paintjob, it is to bad that it will need to be retouched in that respect.

Edit: I have spent the day one You tube watching war documentary, searching for information and images on this model and finally came across this web site: SKYRAIDER.ORG Talk about a treasure trove of personal accounts, information and historical fact on what is, one of the US last piston engined war planes. Take a look.

about the missing Flap !! make it a battle damage ??? who knows ?

These things came back pretty banged up .... so a missing surface could have been possible ?

the plane is worth your time and effort ! we'll be watching !!!

Norm

Out !

You could always try to scratch a flap, based on its' mirror from the other side of the plane. It's great that you're finishing up and rebuilding it. One of my favourite builds, was a BSG Viper rebuild, really got to practice a bunc of techniques that I had never tried before.

I'm really interested in how you'll approach it. How far are you going to break it down?

Latest posts

Back