Leopard 2A6M CAN

Update,
So the air intakes were completed by first cutting them out and cementing them into position lower down to give some depth... and painting them matt black and highlighting the raised detail with aluminium paint drybrushed across... Then the first 'spider web' etch was laid acrods the opening and drybrushed again with aluminium, and finall the top mesh was added...
View attachment 126702

Outstanding work. That makes such a difference to the look of the part. How did you cut the original part out? I imagine a circle cutter.

So back on with the build after a little detour, will be bouncing back and forth between this and the Tiger...

I had been trying different thickness of tissue to get a workable solution for the thermal blanket that the Barracuda is sewn onto. Previously I had used a two-part putty - Milliput/A&B, but found that mixing it, then putting talcum powder into a plastic bag to take away the surface stickiness, followed by the mixed Milliput/A&B, then rolling it out to a workable thickness, then shaping it and making it fit, then all the cleanup while it set a PITA....

And so the tissue is the next item to try and it is two pieces as it came off the roll, cut to size and a solution of PVA and water 50/50 approx. The tissue is held in place with the PVA and a soft brush used to gently apply more PVA. There is no quantity of PVA, just keep putting it on untill the tissue is soaked but not dripping as the water will take away the tissue by disolving it.

20241025_122528_HDR.jpg
And here it is above wet and being shaped and gently pushed into place and will be left overnight to dry...

20241026_102535_HDR.jpg
And this is it now dry and ready for trimming and removing carefully, and in one piece - hopefully...
More later,
Mike

HI MIKE will be followin your armour build as its so funny in places thats how it used to be on the old site a gave me a good laugh also a nice build an have you any hair left or have you started on the pussy lol
chrisb

Nice update Mike, I've used tissue before for tarps, a great way on getting things to fold over edges with the PVA.

Latest posts

Back