Model Categories

Man its so cool to hear why people enjoy building the kits that they build. Especially if its a genre that I dont dabble in because then I find myself looking up kits in that category and maybe trying to build one of them. Since joining this site I have really found an interest in Armor kits. I cannot wait to get one started. When however I will have time I cant say but it will be as soon as possible.

I would say the stuff I build and paint is mostly sci-fi, with a little bit of weirdness thrown in. I like making kits and converting them, but I REALLY like scracthbuilding something from scrap with no plan of how it will look in the end and have it come out quite good-in my eyes, anyway... :)

And even if something I've scratched doesn't work out in the end, I have probably had some fun and a relaxing time doing it so it would always be worth it.

I've got a few Shermans lying in the pile waiting to go, and look forward to one day doing them...and some miniature metal figures...quite a few Ma.K./SF3D...lots of things, which probably makes me quite lucky... :).

I just need the time in life to do all the things I want to do.

Cave_Dweller said:
I love to build sci fi models most of all, and especially miniatures. I love war hammer fantasy and 40k, probably the painting more so than the gaming.

I feel the same. I haven't played a game in ages, but the figures keep dragging me back into the far future - grim as it might be. In fact, I just signed up for the Tale of 40K Painters on WarSeer to help me clear a huge backlog of various figures. Imperial Guard this year (expect a few of these to show up in the next Spring Contest) and then I'll probably start working on an Ork horde before turning to Space Wolves. Oh yes, I've got plans...

I'd really like to become more skilled at dioramas. I just love them! Like a self contained little world, good stuff.

Same here. Unfortunately I never managed to finish the models for this years Spring Contest as diorames, but I'm not giving up...

I've built something from just about every genre, but the last year or so I've settled into the Sci-fi and Armor kits. I enjoy the sci-fi builds cause quite simply that is what i am into, huge star wars fan, i can even get into some Star Trek, I love giant robot anime (gundam, macross, etc..) and lately I've been stock piling Maschinen Krieger kits. Armor is cool because i love weathering and you can really spend alot of time weathering up them tanks making them look really heavy and sinister ;D I really dig groundwork and dioramas too.

Maschinen krieger is just plain awesome stuff. Dark, gritty, ugly, weird vehicles. Like ww2 on LSD or something. I've got a couple kits on my shelf and I love to see all the Ma.K builds on this forum.

Cave_Dweller said:
Maschinen krieger is just plain awesome stuff. Dark, gritty, ugly, weird vehicles. Like ww2 on LSD or something. I've got a couple kits on my shelf and I love to see all the Ma.K builds on this forum.

As a friend once said, armored peanuts. ;) 8) You might like the 1/35 Universal Century Hard Graph series. (Just search Gundam UCHG)

I built sci-fi kits, when I was a kid, but haven't got back into them yet. I'm of the vintage where all we had was the original AMI Enterprise kit, plus the Galileo, the Bridge, and Spock with the 3-headed snake monster. The first generation of Star Wars kits had just come out, too, as well as the original Galactica kits (anyone else remember the Viper and Cylon raider that fired plastic torpedoes, using a rubber band mechanism?). Also the Millenium Falcon. Lots of better engineered and improved kits today, but I still remember those kits all very fondly.

I'm starting to get into MaK, too. Reminds me of several differnet animes, plus Blade Runner, Alien/Aliens, Heinlein, so many other sources. And there are some great kits out there.

Some anime kits, too--I have a couple in the stash.

Latest posts

Back