Monogram 1/48 B-29 Superfortress Enola Gay

My thoughts exactly. High humidity and temps outside can wreck havoc with a rattlecan. Did you spray outside? Primer wouldn't be a factor for the bubbling/orange peel.

We get humidity in NY during summer months. If I need to spray outside with a rattlecan, I'll do it early morning or wait til it cools down at night; if possible.

My advice would be spray in several light coats instead of two - at least four would have been suffice if possible. Maybe three at best.

My thoughts exactly. High humidity and temps outside can wreck havoc with a rattlecan. Did you spray outside? Primer wouldn't be a factor for the bubbling/orange peel.

We get humidity in NY during summer months. If I need to spray outside with a rattlecan, I'll do it early morning or wait til it cools down at night; if possible.

My advice would be spray in several light coats instead of two - at least four would have been suffice if possible. Maybe three at best.
Thanks BS214. I did spray outside. I think I will try your recommendation of spraying in the morning.

I got a little more done today. Almost ready to put the fuselage together.
I do see I need to touch up some paint and do another seatbelt or two.

IMG_3560.jpeg

IMG_3559.jpeg

Looking good. Shame about the fiasco with the Tamiya spray can

I did have something like that happen to me once when using AS-20

I chalked it up to putting on a bit to thick of a coat over some primer that might not have fully dried. I forget which primer I used at the time, but it was not the normal Army Painter one I typically used since I wanted a different primer color for that particular thing. The AS-20 would up cracking in places

Never had problems before or since using AS-20, but I also did not use that primer/base coat again either, nor did I spray it as thick

The propeller is broken. It came out of the box that way. But for some reason I have 8 propellers in the box so I'm good.
I have a feeling those extra propellers aren't extra. One set is for when it's parked the others when you're flying. Variable pitch propellers. I might be wrong but it sounds good to me

Latest posts

Back