Monogram 1/48 B-29 Superfortress Enola Gay

My thoughts exactly. High humidity and temps outside can wreck havoc with a rattlecan. Did you spray outside? Primer wouldn't be a factor for the bubbling/orange peel.

We get humidity in NY during summer months. If I need to spray outside with a rattlecan, I'll do it early morning or wait til it cools down at night; if possible.

My advice would be spray in several light coats instead of two - at least four would have been suffice if possible. Maybe three at best.

My thoughts exactly. High humidity and temps outside can wreck havoc with a rattlecan. Did you spray outside? Primer wouldn't be a factor for the bubbling/orange peel.

We get humidity in NY during summer months. If I need to spray outside with a rattlecan, I'll do it early morning or wait til it cools down at night; if possible.

My advice would be spray in several light coats instead of two - at least four would have been suffice if possible. Maybe three at best.
Thanks BS214. I did spray outside. I think I will try your recommendation of spraying in the morning.

I got a little more done today. Almost ready to put the fuselage together.
I do see I need to touch up some paint and do another seatbelt or two.

IMG_3560.jpeg

IMG_3559.jpeg

Looking good. Shame about the fiasco with the Tamiya spray can

I did have something like that happen to me once when using AS-20

I chalked it up to putting on a bit to thick of a coat over some primer that might not have fully dried. I forget which primer I used at the time, but it was not the normal Army Painter one I typically used since I wanted a different primer color for that particular thing. The AS-20 would up cracking in places

Never had problems before or since using AS-20, but I also did not use that primer/base coat again either, nor did I spray it as thick

The propeller is broken. It came out of the box that way. But for some reason I have 8 propellers in the box so I'm good.
I have a feeling those extra propellers aren't extra. One set is for when it's parked the others when you're flying. Variable pitch propellers. I might be wrong but it sounds good to me

That's why they had the crawl tunnel from the flight deck to the rear deck.
yeah in the B52 later he called it the catwalk just a narrow access. I dont remember exactly what happened if it was a stuck bomb or what, i will ask him again.

Latest posts

Back