Mr. Mark Setter Residue

That looks like it's more than residue .
It appears to cut into that paint coat . , at least that's what it looks like when zoomed in

yep but all i had on there was mr mark, it was perfect before that, i tried water and wet paper towel gently, the decal covered almost all the back and no residue no where else.

:D uh ,
what's the idea behind that ?

Those decal solutions are acidic .
Why I asked how fresh the surface was .
You're going to need to repaint , or do at least a clear coat .
That will most likely hide it .
Was there a clear coat prior ?

no i have never clear coated any of my models. The idea was to soften up any particilates and wipe off but i wont

A clear coat across that blemish would mitigate .
easier than shooting down more color ,
but I hear you .

nope softer did not work, ill lightly sand it to remove any contamination and respray.

I was thinking of respraying anyway as i wanted to fill in the assembly holes.

20241005_203312.jpg

LOL right beside moby dick

Ok liq mask on handles and ready for respray, hope i have enough paint left over, it rattlen loud lol

20241005_225309.jpg

in case anyone is interested in the color, its testors extreme lacquer 1836MT Deja Blue

It has some metal flake in it just FYI

20241005_232543.jpg

patch on bottom not perfect and so a few brush strokes but im ok w that.

Last edited:
That looks like it's more than residue .
It appears to cut into that paint coat . , at least that's what it looks like when zoomed in

Yup… Always make it a habit to use enamel gloss clearcoat before decal sessions. Then spray another coat of clear - flat or gloss depending on the subject. The second coat will seal in the decals.

Yup… Always make it a habit to use enamel gloss clearcoat before decal sessions. Then spray another coat of clear - flat or gloss depending on the subject. The second coat will seal in the decals.
I dont have any enamel clear coat, never bought any as this is the first time i have heard of this process, i will get some. Thanks

Latest posts

Back