On behalf of Bunker45: Latest Panther Painted & Weathered.

Don't recall ever seeing colors like that on any WW2 tank, anywhere, any time.... did you reference some photo's out there?
Hi. Know what you mean. The main body just has primer on. It was rushed out within the last week, as the Russians were just about at the Reichstag's door. I'm not a 'must be correct' modeller. If I fancy doing a camo scheme used on one kind of tank/SPG on a totally different other vehicle, I will. If I'm happy with the finished result, what does it matter. I've always just done my models for me. If anyone else likes them, great, if not, that's ok too. I must be doing something right, as I have sold loads of models over the years on EBay, and had good feedback on them all. I do reference camo schemes when about to paint a model, just to see what I like the look of. But I will swap and change as desired.

Man you guys are skilled with the paint brush!
Hi Josh. Well, it's official. My four year old Granddaughter Erin, reckons I'm a genius, though I would never say that myself, being very modest, and laid back. Cough, ahem, whatever. But thanks for using the word 'skilled', though all I do when painting and weathering, is open some paint tubes, use two brushes, and do it. I've been painting canvases for about forty years, mostly industrial. All dark shadows, rust and grime. And this darker look, transfers to my models. Sorry to waffle.

Looks to me more than just weathered. My impression is that either it was on fire or very near to something that was. Or, it's been abandoned and left on the battlefield for more than a decade. Kind of reminds me of the old tank graveyard on Guam back in the early 70s, where old Japanese derelicts were left to rot or eventually evolve into things for kids to climb on. I like it.

Hi. Know what you mean. The main body just has primer on. It was rushed out within the last week, as the Russians were just about at the Reichstag's door. I'm not a 'must be correct' modeller. If I fancy doing a camo scheme used on one kind of tank/SPG on a totally different other vehicle, I will. If I'm happy with the finished result, what does it matter. I've always just done my models for me. If anyone else likes them, great, if not, that's ok too. I must be doing something right, as I have sold loads of models over the years on EBay, and had good feedback on them all. I do reference camo schemes when about to paint a model, just to see what I like the look of. But I will swap and change as desired.
Freestyle, I like it. Pantherman

Looks to me more than just weathered. My impression is that either it was on fire or very near to something that was. Or, it's been abandoned and left on the battlefield for more than a decade. Kind of reminds me of the old tank graveyard on Guam back in the early 70s, where old Japanese derelicts were left to rot or eventually evolve into things for kids to climb on. I like it.
Hi. Thanks for the comments. Agree with you about its look. I never go overboard on rust with tanks, unless I am doing an abandoned one. I just like to give an impression, that a vehicle in combat, should look well worn. Just my opinion. I have seen photos online, of brilliant dioramas, except, the tank in the diorama, looks too clean for me. I really love the fatigued vehicle look. It's interesting to paint, it's what I've always done with models. Clean looking tanks, no matter how well done, and there are a lot of very talented modellers, for me personally, are more interesting with wear on them. Not over the top, but just well worn. Glad you like the Panther. I have recently put out loads of photos on both the 'Armor' and Sci Fi site, showing my very wide range of finishes. Cheers. Steve.

Latest posts

Back