Opinion needed on airbrush Badger vs Paasche

B

Black Sheep 1

I'm considering buying a single action, bottomfeed airbrush to be used just for primer application.

My choices so far is between the Badger 350 and the Paasche H series.
I'd like to hear from anyone who knows anything about these two airbrushes.

Thanks

Re: Opinion neede on airbrush Badger vs Paasche

i have an anthem 155 that's bottom fed and its a great brush as it has the bottles for larger spray jobs.

Re: Opinion neede on airbrush Badger vs Paasche

Either are excellent, but I prefer Paasche. The 'just primer' part though is odd. Both do fantasic work with any paints.

I have a badger vega 2000 and its good.

And getting another badger from SMA

But like the top sponsor banner says : Badger!!

I didn't say one was better than the other, just what I prefered. I own and bought both. Sponsor or not. And both can still do far more than 'just' primer.

Badger has an excellent backup & parts service ;)

While I don't have a badger 300, I do have a Paasche H. It is not a bad airbrush, but I do prefer the badgers I do have. (Patriot and Sotar) I have not gotten rid of the Paasche yet, I have kept it because it does have paint bottles, and if I have a lot of painting with one color, I will get it out.

Grendels said:
While I don't have a badger 300, I do have a Paasche H. It is not a bad airbrush, but I do prefer the badgers I do have. (Patriot and Sotar) I have not gotten rid of the Paasche yet, I have kept it because it does have paint bottles, and if I have a lot of painting with one color, I will get it out.

That's the thing I'm looking for.
It's the bottle option.
While my Harder & Steenbeck (my favorite airbrush) has a side feed with bottle attachment, the bottle is too small.

I guess I'll just have to take a chance and get the Paasche and try it out. I can always sell it on Ebay if it doesn't work out for me.

The main reason I like the badgers is that they are much easier to clean. Just loosen one screw and the needle comes out. With the Paasche, you have more parts to remove to do a good cleaning. Other than that, the H is performs pretty much the same way as the patriot. (In my opinion)

Black Sheep 1 said:
Grendels said:

That's the thing I'm looking for.
It's the bottle option.
While my Harder & Steenbeck (my favorite airbrush) has a side feed with bottle attachment, the bottle is too small.

I guess I'll just have to take a chance and get the Paasche and try it out. I can always sell it on Ebay if it doesn't work out for me.

You were comparing the Badger 350 to the Paasche H 'for primer' only. But you meant only in fluid capacity. The Paasche is the better than the 350. There's no chance taking with a Paasche H. It's a fine airbrush.

If it's Badger you want to stick with get the 200, not the 350. The 350 is by far the lesser airbrush than the Pasche H or 200. The H and the 200 are comparable in quality. Both the H and the 200 offer fine needle options.

http://www.badgerairbrush.com/badger_200.asp

It's a very fine machine.

Grendels said:
The main reason I like the badgers is that they are much easier to clean. Just loosen one screw and the needle comes out. With the Paasche, you have more parts to remove to do a good cleaning. Other than that, the H is performs pretty much the same way as the patriot. (In my opinion)

A Pasche H, Badger 350, and Badger 200 all have two parts to remove (tip and needle) for cleaning plus the jar and siphon tube. Same number of parts for all 3.

Gundamhead said:
Grendels said:

A Pasche H, Badger 350, and Badger 200 all have two parts to remove (tip and needle) for cleaning plus the jar and siphon tube. Same number of parts for all 3.

Oh I'm so glad you made this post.
I had totally forgotten that I have a Badger 200 I bought a while back.
IMG_0733.jpg

I was not very happy with it because the color cup keeps falling off making a mess of things.
I bought it as it was recommended to me for use with Alclad paints.
I was going to do a test with it and, twice, the cup fell off spilling the Alclad paints everywhere.....never got to do my test.

I'll have to see if I have better luck with the bottles.
;D

My Vega has the same cup type when i put it in i then twist it (to bring the cup toward the air hose) never fell off this way.

Another way to avoid the mess is to get a cap for it or make one .. i used a gray pvc end plug chopped most of it away drilled a small ole and voila mees free (i have a tendancy to tild my ab too much and make a mess! )

Gently tap the male end while set in a vice with a brass hammer. The tiny mushroomed end will set in much tighter. Key words here, gently, brass, and tiny. It just needs to snug in.

Latest posts

Back