Show us your mancave(s)!

You guys have some really nice setups. It's fascinating to see how far the addiction has taken things in some cases! ;D

I have found the perfect hobby desk for me. It's at the VA so it's inaccessible. Just want to know what the style of it is and if you know where I can find one.

461500_3001866765497_79537808_o.jpg

Those are generally rather expensive. I think HON makes them and run $350+. You may find something similar in Staples or Office Depot. Perhaps Craigslist for an office clear out. Then again, building your own workstation can be had for less than $150. 2X4basics makes the leg brackets and shelf brackets....it may even cost less since I've figured for a 8 foot long 30 inch deep 3 tiered unit with dual shelving on each side of the tabletop.

Good Luck!!

Here's a link for Amazon to get the brackets...Lowes carries them too and if you have military ID, you get 10% off
http://www.amazon.com/2x4basics-90164-Workbench-Shelving-Storage/dp/B0030T1BRE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_1

I second TBadger, build your own. Think of it as a 1:1 scratchbuild ;)

Seriously, though, it's very satisfying, and doesn't require very much in the way of woodworking skills, and you can save a ton. I built mine (see above somewhere at the beginning of the thread) with salvaged lumber that I scrounged, the only out-of-pocket cost was for the hardware (a box of drywall screws).

Just screws, eh? Don't need a saw or sander? Clamps, a jig, a drill press, band saw and all that?

For that piece of kit I directed you to, all you need is some wood screws, the wood( which you can have Lowes or HD pre-cut for you ), and perhaps a drill to pre-tap some holes to prevent splitting. If you feel fancy, maybe some paint or stain and you're complete. virtually without tools

Well here is my hobby room:

IMG_0962.JPG
IMG_0963.JPG
IMG_0967.jpgIMG_0971.jpg

I finally got it organized just in time. Because we sold the house and are moving in the next three weeks or so. I will get the fun of setting it all up in a new house!

wow that was fast John Congratulations on Selling and Best of luck with the new house ;)

and the cave looks good,

Cool room.

It's always a bit surreal to me to see SMA on a monitor in your homes.

Grendels that's looking really nice!

Congrats on the sale, I hope your move goes smoothly.

having finally moved house i now have more space for myself ;D,not finished unpacking yet,but here's a quick look.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back