Star Wars Theme Group Build

I have these two in the stash. I am leaning toward the Y-Wing. One of the things I like about Sci Fi builds, there is a lots of room for adding your own stamp. I am thinking of doing the Y-Wing in dark grey with orange markings and a lot of metallic chipping.

IMG_5039.jpeg

I really shouldn't as I already have a few started. One I've been working on most lately is Planet of the Apes General Ursus from the 70's. I have till December to finish it for a birthday present. Most of my stash are Star Wars. I'll take a look and have to think about it. I also get slower the closer to completion I get, and I'm horrible at posting.

Another note on weathering, chipping from micro meteors, carbon scoring, and carbon marking by engines are all good. As was said before imperial are normally newer looking with less wear and tear, unless just came from battle. Rebels ships are normally much more beaten looks as they were always second hand or pieced together to operate. The Slave I typically has lots of chipping on it. One method I have heard of, but haven't had a chance to try yet, is dampen the area you want to chip and sprinkle salt and let it dry. Paint it and then rub the salt off.

Latest posts

Back