Tamiya Decal improvements

Jim62

Tamiya has finally learned how to make thin decals. At least for their newer FM-1 Martlet/Wildcat. I'm blown away by the first two I just put on, I probably could have skipped the decal solution but can't bring myself to skip that. Gotta see how well they settle into place. Should be interesting. I thought they may have used some from another manufacturer but they are clearly marked Tamiya. Fun little build also.

Tamiya has always known for thick decals. We'll see how much of an improvement they are now…
Yes I know, that's why I made this post. They changed a few things from the original wildcat to make the FM-1 kit and one of the improvements is thinned down decals. Maybe they paid heed to complaints, who knows but they are much better than what you get with their older kits. I'm already seeing the improvement but get yourself a kit and see for yourself.

Tamiya has always known for thick decals. We'll see how much of an improvement they are now…
Here is a photo that shows a couple of the newer decals. I was going to show the roundels but being so thin I got to aggressive with the first one and the raised rivets actually penetrated the thin decal. So I removed it and painted those, but you can see how those two thin Tamiya decals layed down over the rivets on the wings. The typical Tamiya decals would not do that.
Thin Decals.JPG

Latest posts

Back