Warhammer Castigator Tank Sisters of Battle

Hi everyone

For those of you who follow my work you will know that I try and do one sci fi build each year. Last Christmas I recieved my first ever Warhammer kit and immediately fell in luv withWarhammer tanks. This kit goes together beautifully with litlle flas or seam lines. The only niggle is that most of the components come in two halfs. The join lines have to be filled and sanded which takes most of the time. As with all kits there is room for improvement so lets see how we get on

Castigator.jpg

The main body of the tank comes in five parts so lets start with the first four. Nicely detailed with statues all around in a Gothic stylee embellished with skulls and scroll designs

DSC01132.JPG

The tracks are moulded onto the main base part with only a handful of sections that are separately added further up. Nicely detailed but the underneath lacked definition. This was remedied with the end of some sharp tweezers and Tamiya extra thin to take off the excess plastic

DSC01133.JPG

Then using RB Toolz I made some 0.8mm pewter rivets to add the missing pin detailing to the tracks on both sides

DSC01135.JPG
I fancied adding some engine plates and escape hatch to the underneath. This was done with thin plasticard and 0.5mm pewter rivets.

DSC01136.JPG
I added mud effect and cast texturing to the armour using Mr Surfacer 500. Applied with a stippling effect and then sanded down once dry. A lot of the detail got covered so this had to be gently sanded/scraped off

DSC01140.JPG

The last piece of the lower hull was the rear piece. This needed a little bit of help staying in place while the glue dried. The fit was very good indeed. You will also notice that I have added weld seams all over the build. I use fuse wire, CA glued into place and then weld seam patterns added with tweezers.

DSC01814.JPG
You have an option to have door plates added on the side or have the doors replaced with sponsons. This is the option I took as per the box art. By the way the instructions are very colourful and clear

DSC01854.JPG

I managed to get hold of some resin skulls which I thought would be a nice addition of detailing at the front. Notice the heavy weld seams as per T34 style tanks

DSC01865.JPG

The side sponsons go up and down and fully rotate. The furnace burners have a choice of burnt embers or full flame. If you go for full flame the turret does not rotate fully so I went for the embers. The rear bazooka is fully magnetised so can be removed easily if needed

DSC01879.JPG
So there we have it. Next will be the turret
DSC01882.JPG

Thanks for looking in and happy modelling

Rivet by name and rivet by nature. Love it Steve, had no idea about this strange offering
Have you seen Matron yet, I'm sure she could pop in and see you ;)

Latest posts

Back