Well boys, looks like Sandy is coming!

Good ole Erie. Been there a few times to watch my nephew wrestle in the PJW Championships where the Erie Seawolves play baseball. Definitely a interesting area for sure. We havent gotten anything but rain so far butwere to experience 70 mph wins +. Over 119 schools have closed so far for tomorrow.

A ton of schools closed in Massachusetts ??? Still no word from my work...in Rhode Island!! LOL Looks like I will have a windy ride!! ;D

hooterville75 said:
Good ole Erie. Been there a few times to watch my nephew wrestle in the PJW Championships where the Erie Seawolves play baseball. Definitely a interesting area for sure. We havent gotten anything but rain so far butwere to experience 70 mph wins +. Over 119 schools have closed so far for tomorrow.
Yeah the winters are awesome. We get all that lake effect snow, some people dont like it but I think its awesome!

I remember going to sleep in college with nothing outside but a chilly breeze and waking to snow deeper than my dorm window. Good old Edinboro was good for that. I had to commute to Erie in that business when I worked over at Wild Wings

TBadger said:
I remember going to sleep in college with nothing outside but a chilly breeze and waking to snow deeper than my dorm window. Good old Edinboro was good for that. I had to commute to Erie in that business when I worked over at Wild Wings
Oh yeah there are some fun drives. I live in Edinboro and take 79 to erie everyday for work. There have been a few white knuckle drives.

Hey TRM, my office is in East Providence and I haven't heard anything either. Although, we tend to try and stay open, somebody has to be there to take claims etc.

I alway took the back road from the Dinor all the way up till I connected either to Peach or the Wild Wings plaza. That is if my car didn't get plowed in behind John's Pizza at my apartment

Yeah sometimes thats the best way to go, 79 is quick but you run the risk of accidents and the snow drifts are terrible. Hopefully it will be a snowy winter here this year.

I moved away in Feb 08, that winter wasn't too mild, but nothing compared to 04 and 05. My gf loved in Meadville, our relationship was short lived because I valued my life and car more than a steamy bedroom :p that whole area including Buffalo NY is the Nexus of the universe for crazy snow and weather.

Got several friends wrestling for Edinboro including one that went to Meadville High School Zach Towers lol. Such a small small world isnt it ha ha . I really dont honestly think were going to get the severity that the weather stations are predicting. Hope Im right and they are inaccurate like they normally are ha ha. We dont need anymore of the Hurricane effect damages. Praying that EVERYONE especially all my SMA friends has a safe Hurricane experience if it should hit us in any way.

Small world indeed. Yeah wrestling is really big around here. As soon as kids start school they recruit them for wrestling. Its crazy.

TBadger said:
I moved away in Feb 08, that winter wasn't too mild, but nothing compared to 04 and 05. My gf loved in Meadville, our relationship was short lived because I valued my life and car more than a steamy bedroom :p that whole area including Buffalo NY is the Nexus of the universe for crazy snow and weather.
[/quote]Thats funny I moved back home in April of 08 after I got out of the military.

Wrestling is my bread and butter, I own and operate a wrestling club Keystone Brawlers Wrestling Club that competes in bigger National Championships. Have alot of kids from Western PA Region that wrestle for us.

2:30 P.M. in my area all is good.
A bit of wind and side rain. Still have power and not flooded.
But in areas all around I hear of power loss and floods.
JFK Intl. Airport seems to have flooded runways.

As I type this the winds have picked up!

Tons of rain with a bit of wind, school closings for tomorrow and Wednesday already. The worst is yet to come. The historical fishing pier in Ocean City Maryland has lost half of the pier from the Hurricane. Flooding hardcore down there. The Artic Stream of very cold air coming from the North West has caught the Hurricane and if it hits around us were to get a boatload of snow. Hoping that holds off Im not ready for snow. Lots of Power outages which sucks because (and cant blame them), the Power company said that they refuse to go pole climbing to fix the power outages with all these high heavy winds. There is 1500 + utility workers here in PA from Kentucky to help but cant work due to the high winds. I still have power for the time being thank god so hoping it doesnt go out becuase if it does itll be out for a while lol. Prayers for saftey to everyone else involved in the hurricane.

Reporting from Jamestown R.I. Lost power at 2:00 (In the middle of a great build session.). Got some power back for 5 minutes at 3:00. Lots of trees down all over the island, a few homes with giant (100 years old+) through roofs etc. I'm pretty sure this will be the worst of the wind but the storm surge tonight is supposed to be epic. If its like this here I can only imagine NYC, NJ, etc. Good luck and God Bless!!!

Latest posts

Back