Well boys, looks like Sandy is coming!

Hang tough fellas!!! You are fairing the brunt of this! Thought and prayers go out to all in the path of this! Hope the snow holds out for you!! Yeah, those lineman can only do what they can do.

Lucky enough to be right on the edge in central MA..some 60 mph gusts and rain but nothing like further south and of course on the coast!!!

Hang in there!!

Our thoughts and prayers are with all you guys and your families at this time . We are constantly checking the hourly updates on the news channels ,hoping this will pass as easy as possible for all of you .

Hang tight , Take care ;)

Chris.

Well its official, the power is down and out for the count. I just did a tour of the island, well sort of. The roads that weren't closed due to flooding are closed due to fallen trees. It's going to be a big mess when this thing is over. Good thing my new truck has a/c outlets. I'm probably going go plug my laptop in and watch a movie...

Yeah, Ken had posted on FB a couple of hours ago that he was without hydro.

But of course had the generator going keeping power to essentials, pellet stove, beer fridge, TV and PS3! LOL

Hang in there all you guys on the coast. My prayers go out for you all tonight. Stay as safe as you can and hopefully this will pass soon.

I lost power for about 30 seconds and then it was back.
But I'm sure it won't be long before I'm out for the count.
Luckily I have my Ipad charged so I can still do something with 3G.

I'm sitting in my truck charging the family phones, checking the net etc. The good news is the media is saying the worst of the wind will be done by 10/11 pm and the crews can start clearing trees. Where we are, southern coast of R.I. the wind is so bad they can't get guys out to cut trees. The other thing that is bad is so many roads are flooded and now filled with debris, its going to take lots of tractors to clean this mess up. I am glad that SMA Magazine will be in print soon, that way next time the power goes out I'll have something good to read. ;D

Glad to here your holding up okay over there. Man my heart goes out to the people in Jersey. I cant imagine.

I'll be keeping all of you guys in harm's way in my prayers.
Stay safe, and keep your head down

Here in Central PA (Hour North of Harrisburg), we have been getting rain allllllllllllllllllll day and night. Its been windy as all get go sometimes gusts as strong as 60 - 70+ MPH. The last time I checked we had over 4 inches of rain and its steadily been raining since. I myself dont have much damage as of yet but Im told the brunt of the winds are yet to come. Sure we have down limbs and a couple of trees here and there but nothing very major yet. There are many many people without power but I have been able to avoid permanent loss. What stinks for the people without power is the electric company linesman wont be working to try to restore power until the winds die down (Rightfully so). As of now were all safe and sound. Still praying for everyone else to get thru this rascle safe and sound with minimal damage. Glad to hear everyone is doing ok to this point.

West Virginia had about 3" of snow down about 2hrs ago (11pm Atlantic, 10pm Eastern), and looked like it was coming down quite heavy.

Stuff like Atlantic City being under water, and photos from NYC where most of lower Manhattan is under water.

Scariest photo I saw (if it was real) was supposed to be somewhere in NJ, water was about 4ft around a house....with a shark swimming by it. Might have been real as there was another photo that was taken from a passing truck, of a shark swimming up the street beside the truck. WILD!!

Glad to hear all of you are safe.

There are a lot of crazy photos bouncing around on Facebook, that shark photo is one of them...

Sorry to hear that Adam!!! Hope it comes back to you real soon!! :-[

Thanks TRM! The good news is that BayCon is this weekend so at least I'll have something to distract me. Haha.

adampolo13 said:
I'm still outta power!!! Worst part is I've lost 4 good days of building!!! AHHHH :'(

I'm not without power, but a lot of places around my area still are.
The biggest thing now is gasoline.
There are lines several blocks long for folks waiting to fuel up their cars at stations that didn't loose power.
In NJ they are rationing fuel by last number on license plates (odd/even).
Reminiscent of the rationing back in the 70's.

Latest posts

Back