What arrived today

I have not been to anything like that. Is this your first time.
No. Look up IPMS online. You can be able to search by state / city. Syrcon is located in Syracuse - an hours drive from me. If you're nearby a major city like Houston or wherever, they tend to have the major IPMS Nationals show. I've never been to a major IPMS Nationals show before but love to go to one someday.

Here's the link:

https://ipmsusa.org/

80 miles from Dallas, very rural here. Ill check it out. Are those rotors for looks or will it fly?

Pfffttt. 80 miles is a little over an hour. Rochester is 2 1/2 hrs from me via NYS Thruway.

Unless it's the traffic that's takes you longer to get there. Even if it ends up a 2 1/2 hr drive each way - it's worth a trip.;)

Am I reading that right? Those Motors start at $35,000 RPM up to 50,000? Is that going to work for a helicopter main rotor? Seems to me it should be more around 750 RPM up to about 1500. I could be wrong but now I'm just curious
I didn't really think about that just went for the size as it was almost a perfect fit.

My thinking was to have a motor with a bit of guts in it due to the weight of the rotor assembly. My assumption was that this would slow it down, also it's quite a strain to get it started. I'm probably way off with this thinking but I'm kinda stuck with it now so I hope it works.

I have also added a speed control so maybe that will help? Pantherman

Screenshot_20240912_212815_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I didn't really think about that just went for the size as it was almost a perfect fit.

My thinking was to have a motor with a bit of guts in it due to the weight of the rotor assembly. My assumption was that this would slow it down, also it's quite a strain to get it started. I'm probably way off with this thinking but I'm kinda stuck with it now so I hope it works.

I have also added a speed control so maybe that will help? Pantherman

View attachment 124497
With the speed controller probably should work. I'm kind of curious as to if it really will work because those are quadcopter Motors which are high output man those things are fast if you fly them radio control racing drones

With the speed controller probably should work. I'm kind of curious as to if it really will work because those are quadcopter Motors which are high output man those things are fast if you fly them radio control racing drones
Should have the rotors done in a weeks time so we will see if I have messed up or got close to what I was hoping to achieve. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back