What to build... what to build...

Dusky

So many kits in the stash to pick from, but I don't know what to build. Nothing sticks out. How do you guys decide what to build when you're stuck in a rut? I don't think playing darts with my stash in the closet is the best idea.

i pic somit i can finish...... and i managed 1 so far this year ;D

spud said:

Now I don't feel so bad. ;D

Of course right now I hardly have any paint while I find what I want to switch to, which doesn't help in picking a kit to build since I probably won't have the colors I need.

I never seem to have that problem. As I'm building I already have at least 2 others in mind for the next build...

If in a rut pick something small and crank it out nice and quick. Nothing like finishing.

Scott Girvan said:
I never seem to have that problem. As I'm building I already have at least 2 others in mind for the next build...

If in a rut pick something small and crank it out nice and quick. Nothing like finishing.

I have too many in my mind.

If you have a vast stash you could always pick a kit in an area you have never built before. I.e. You have never built aircraft and have 1 in the stash. Something along those lines...

adampolo13 said:
If you have a vast stash you could always pick a kit in an area you have never built before. I.e. You have never built aircraft and have 1 in the stash. Something along those lines...

I've built all the types of kits in my stash with the exception of Gundam only because I only snapped them together when I was younger, but I want to light up the two Gundam kits I have and I'll need lots of paint for them so I've saving them.

Hmmm..... Thats a really tough one.... You could always kit bash three different kits together and make some kind of wacked out super-model and just see what happens... Get real funky with it...

adampolo13 said:
Hmmm..... Thats a really tough one.... You could always kit bash three different kits together and make some kind of wacked out super-model and just see what happens... Get real funky with it...

Yeah... not my thing.

spud said:
well if you are unsure then its time for a break.

I would, but I don't really have any other hobbies. I also don't have a job at the moment and it's unlikely that I will find one where I live nor one that is accommodating. I'm stuck at home in the middle of nowhere with little to do and being manic sure doesn't help.

If your looking for some other hobbies, I got very into RC a while back. There are some pretty cool kits out there, electric, gas, and nitro. There are boats, planes, cars, you name it. Maybe something to check out.

adampolo13 said:
If your looking for some other hobbies, I got very into RC a while back. There are some pretty cool kits out there, electric, gas, and nitro. There are boats, planes, cars, you name it. Maybe something to check out.

I'd love to get into RC airplanes, but I don't have the money to invest in a new hobby at the moment, esepcially one as expensive as outdoor RC airplanes.

Give us the list of the stuff in your stash and we'll have a poll and whatever gets the highest votes you build? Or better yet enter it in the comp, I'll spot your entrance fee if your tight at the mo ;).

i know how you feel spit but i enjoy a bit of photograpy and was lucky enough to be able to afford my gear before the bang happened and there is also the odd game on the pc

have you taught about a What if Build? they can be fun

Very Nice of you there mj Good man, now there is a good idea on teh vote also

merseajohn said:
Give us the list of the stuff in your stash and we'll have a poll and whatever gets the highest votes you build? Or better yet enter it in the comp, I'll spot your entrance fee if your tight at the mo ;).

Too much stuff to list. ;D

I'm tempted to take you up on that offer, but then end date for the contest is barely a month away.

Take me up on the offer dude it supports the site and hey you could end up with the $100 coupon at ECH! And don't worry about starting late, I've just started a dio with 3 kits in it and about 9 figures lol

I second MJ. I think you should just close your eyes, feel around, and pick a kit at random. Come on, what'd ya say? You can do it!!!

and ill be adding an other putting more pressure on my self lol

spud said:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back