1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

...super dooper...

Your going all out on this,great detail.

This looks great! Resembles a bit the new series Mk.II Viper from Battlestar Galactica. Nice job, Scott!

...primer...

3436.jpg

...check...

Painted this up before sealing up the fuselage. All the usual suspects. Hairspray, Vallejo paint for rust and then handpainted detail. I simply tried to vary sheen and colors a bit using chrome, gloss black, flat black, brown and a touch of brighter color. When removing with water/toothpick the chrome really comes off in like a 'blanket'.

I put a shot of the Badger cleaner there. I bought that yesterday at Micheals. It works fantastic for cleanup after spraying Vallejo, and for cleaning the tip during a session.

3437.jpg

3438.jpg

3439.jpg

Yeah reeeaaaaaal good. Love it, but I also like the primer overspray on the pic on the last page. Are you thinking of adding blaster marks/smoke? So it gives a bit of a story on the resoning behind replacing the panel?

Thanks. Got her all sealed up now. :)

Yeah, I'll put come blast marks etc... around that area.

superb paint work scott! Do you hand paint with the model air colors? do they hand paint as nice as I hear the model color's do?

Scott, my friend,this is gorgeous!
And looks like You had a really nice modeling time today to :)
Great job on the opened panel and everything!
Now moving to your MF thread ;)

Thanks Solander. Yes, I had the entire day today - and most of the afternoon yesterday...still at it.

Very sharp work on that open panel!! Nice to see her sealed up too.

Excellent Work Scott!!! The Force Is Still With You.

Thanks guys. Appreciated.

Started painting Coran's X-Wing. Been a while since I painted and thought I should get painting...

Not much of an update. Just trying to get the feel for painting in the panels. First a light grey and then white with just a hint of grey.

I like to paint the bottom of the wings first. ;)

3488.jpg

Latest posts

Back