1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

Scott....henceforth,you shall be known as....SCRATCH-MASTAH !!!!!!!
I mean that in a good way! ;D
"There's nothing left for me here now. I wanna come with you to Alderan. I wanna learn the ways of the Force, and become a Jedi...like ...my Fa...." huh...wha... What happened.....where am I?
;D
Anywho....you totally RAWK it!

Kickin' stuff Scott!!! Her legs are looking sweet and that office.... :eek: Kepp it rolling!! ;)

Awesome job with both the landing gear and the cockpit, Scott!
And guitar strings seem always to look SOOO cool when used to simulate some mechanical connections of any king - I think I should make a visit to the music shop some day as well :)

Thank you guys. I'm still enjoying this! A bit busier week but after Denise and the kids went to bed I went to work.

First a coat of Vallejo Black Primer. Man it sure is nice to be able to airbrush primer..and acrylic at that. (Note the wrong bottle in the pic. Nice one Girvan, nice one.)
3422.jpg

Then a base coat of Medium Sea Grey.
3420.jpg

I thinned Model Air Black down really thin and then painted the seat and hoses.
3421.jpg

From there a variety of grey scale shades followed by several bright colors picked out with a tooth pick. For the control stick I ended up added 3 'triggers' with stretched sprue. I'm not calling this done just yet, but I'm done for the night.

Sleep well my friend.

3418.jpg

3419.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Dude! You need a microscope to see those little buttons on the stick!!

Superb work, Scott.

Nice work brother, looks great.

Love the new approach to the photos, next time flip the airbrush over though eh? 8)

Cool looking progress!

Do you have a Quick disconnect on the AB?

Take care! Will be boxing the Xwing +. Tomorrow!

See ya!

Thanks guys.

My only concern - as I look at his again this morning - is all the tiny bubbles in the areas where the 'buttons' are. I probably should have filled all of those. Again, in the hangar you won't see this but....

I'm thinking to maybe drill those out with a tiny drill and insert stretched sprue. I can still do that without damaging the paint job. I'll see.

[quote author=ScaleModelMadman]next time flip the airbrush over though eh? 8)[/quote]

LOL. Yeah - the fun of being left handed.

[quote author=schweinhund227]Do you have a Quick disconnect on the AB?[/quote]
Yup.

Thats looking pretty cool Scott !...Nice job on the undies too ;D

Chris.

oh nice one scott, nice to see paint going on

You are making some really good progress on this X-Wing, Scott. Nice job, the cockpit controls look awesome!

Latest posts

Back