1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

Great work with the rod Scott. Whats the thickness on the styrene rods you used bro?

Thanks also for the link!

Really looking forward to seeing more of this build. 8)

Had me a date tonight with Mrs. RazorSaw.

2456.jpg

Nose cone ready for sensor array and started on the landing gear 'wheel wells'.

Also carved the 'seat' out of the cockpit.

those are nice and clean cuts. i wouldve done it all janky. I must confess i am a WAY better painter than builder.

Thanks guys.

Tonight I opened the launcher tubes, made the tubes, opened the gear door and the big panel - I'll have this thing being rearmed. I plan to add lots of interior panels, open hatches etc....

2459.jpg

Those tubes are going to be sweet. I can't wait to see what you do to them. And it really is true testament that a little creativity with the tubes can make these things absolutely pop. They just look so much better with the deeper concave appearance of the styrene tube. Looking back I'm glad I found the garbanzo beans to do it. ;D

SCOTT,

WoW Brotha' !! Major Surgery .... Awesome !! I'm hangin on every Post to see how this develops !!

Awesome !!! ;D

\m/

Thanks guys. This is fun for sure. I'm going to try to thin the inside of the walls where the tube meet the fuselage to that the final result will be a nice cutout appearance. Not sure how thin I want to go - but a bit for sure.

Awsome work man, would love to see a little WIP video! hint hint ;) I know your busy mate only joshing!

LOL - After the entries are posted just might do that. I'm keeping all these pics so I could put those in the video to bring everyone up to speed.

Thanks John.

Did some more just now (lunch) -

Opened the panel for reloading as per request.

2460.jpg

My tubes are a bit long and I'll have to continue with the slot to give an area to load the missile. At the end of the tube I'll try to model some launch mechanism or sumthing. I marked the cut in pencil. Note that the tube will be tight to the sidewall once glued.

2461.jpg

2462.jpg

Before I open that tube - feel free to stop me! If I'm missing something. That will only be later.

Thanks Q.

Me again.

Starting making blueprints for the hangar shuttle. Gotta have one of those right?

Here's a quick paper mockup with some 1/35 army dudes. Whattcha think about the scale of it? All crits welcomed as always.

2463.jpg

2464.jpg

2465.jpg

Those first two pics are awesome! I like the perspective of looking slightly up at it. Ever consider doing this dio as a wall hanger Scott? Sort of a shelf type deal hung on the wall? The perspective from eye level or slightly above eye level is just killer! Great work on this one.

Cool! Thank you. That sir is one great idea! It's gonna have to be about 16" deep, but that idea just might work - and I could then model the back wall too!

Latest posts

Back