1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Re: 1/35 X-wing

NP set is yours.

Let me know what heads you want, and I can order those up as well.

Chopper? Which one do you want?

..%5Csi%5CProductFiles%5Cnsl49.jpg

Chopper I - $36.50

..%5Csi%5CProductFiles%5Cnsl69.jpg

Chopper II - $55.00

..%5Csi%5CProductFiles%5Cnsl59.jpg

Chopper III - $47.50

Hanger shuttle is going to be amazing! So cool when you can create something the doesn't exist in kit for like that.

Thanks Brian - it's a fun little project.

Guys, don't miss this thread: http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,3250.msg36848.html

I've been pouring over those photos. So many great ideas that I can 'borrow' for this build. Not sure how I feel about wings open while landed...guess they would have to work on this thing. LOVE the damage and exposed guts. This proves to me that I have to go all out on the interior detail.

Scott I just picked up the Chopper 2 roughly a month ago and it rocks. I started a thread on SSM here.
http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=92928
Most of the guys there seem to like the C2. Having never used the original I can tell you that C2 works great with the one exception that if you need to cut real small pieces, say 2-3mm in length, they have a tendency to fall into a little crevice at the hinge that the handle is attached to. Other then that it's great for repetitive cuts that I see you've been doing. Overall it's a very cool bench tool and is quite handy.

That personal transport thing is looking awsome!! and that 1.72 x wing is epic.

I go away for a few days and this thing has MOVED! Great work so far!

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Today, a bit more. Working on the shuttle 'gas tanks'.

First using thick sprue (actually the sprue from this kit), I made cylinders. Easy to do, simply score a line and snap it. They did require a bit of sanding. I chucked it in the drill press, sanded the circumference smooth and added a slight chamfer to the ends.

Then using 2mm and 1mm strips of Tamiya tape I wrapped the cylinder to achieve the raised segments. Once painted black it shouldn't look like tape. Really easy to do this too. Just marked a line and made sure I was running it true around the tank.

Next I drilled holes in the tanks, L stock and the shuttle. This will allow me to have the tanks suspended and with the 3 points I can glue it in the correct alignment. The styrene tubing also makes for fuel lines.

I also made the top deck. Score, snap, sand.

Here are some pics. Note that this is not glued up yet. I'll paint them black first to avoid a tricky paint job after installation.

2476.jpg

2477.jpg

2478.jpg

2479.jpg

This is a lot of fun Scott! I love to watch people scratch build. Gets the old imagination racing with ideas for my own projects. Keep up the great work.

Thanks!

Some more today. The controls platform. Still have to make the 'stick'. I put a couple little greeblies on the 'shelf'.

2480.jpg

2481.jpg

2482.jpg

Now off to the beach!

That is some awesome work Scott... wow. Thanks for writing how you did the 'gas tanks'! very useful info.

This is turning out to be a great project. ;D

Thanks guys. I appreciate the encouragement. Might even finish this one! :0

Can't seem to put this down. I now have the control platform finished - foot pedal and all. Changed a greeblie on the shelf and added another. The control stick is a bit more complicated than the real thing, but just having fun. Sorry for the blurry pics, can't grab focus with this point and shoot.

On the the red lights next, then those yellow things at the other end and that will just about wrap this little build up.

2483.jpg

2484.jpg

Oh, 'Greeblie' my new word for the day.

Looks really cool, Scott. Keep it up!

Nice progress, Scott.
Too bad you started this one too late for the contest

Latest posts

Back