Chirchill Mk111 1/72 Italeri

dave

As promised went to the stash and pulled this one out
20241002_102738.jpg
It was opened so I probably took one look thought thats a load of and put it in the stash ,but on the back of the box is a rather intresting russian winter camo scheme.
20241002_102721.jpg Rather disappointed with the mouldings
20241002_102926.jpg
I've a feeling this is quite a old moulding but my biggest hate at any scale is moulded on tools and cables ,grab/hatch handles reducing the whole thing to a kiddie toy ,will continue with this tomorrow fingers crossed but must go streaming the speedway live from Poole come on you pirates.
Dave

As mentioned above my pet hates well this one has the whole gambit the front plate what I presume is a tow loop I drilled out and cleaned up
20241002_153944.jpg
Then thoes hatch handles i foolishly tried drilling one out wich of course meant that replace one replace them all ,first off I bent some brass wire to form the new ones these were cut with one long leg you can also see one of the offending handles.
20241002_111943.jpg
No pattern or former was used bent with some flat nose pliers my thought /method being only one hole to drill dam site easier than drilling two only to find holes too close to each other or handle made too big ,these are probably way over scale and should have had right angled feet welded to the hatches but hey ho ,I try and do a little bit of scratchery to most builds im not that good but it does help I hope to make me a better modler/builder and improve the model. The long leg lets you adjust and position from below ,for some time time now ive used Rocket CA the blue lable one that gives 15seconds? Wriggle time also replaced the hinges on the front hatches once again probably totally wrong but hey ho its all about enjoying yourself .
20241002_150657.jpg
Have done a bit more but will catch up with that later. Dave

Back