Dirty Glue

durangod

With me glueing alot of painted surfaces, seems my glue is getting a bit dirty.

I know this most likely wont work because its glue but the thought crossed my mind about using a coffee filter to filter it. Probably just make a big mess.

Is there a way to clean it or is this a common thing?

20240911_062441.jpg

With me glueing alot of painted surfaces, seems my glue is getting a bit dirty.

I know this most likely wont work because its glue but the thought crossed my mind about using a coffee filter to filter it. Probably just make a big mess.

Is there a way to clean it or is this a common thing?

View attachment 124425
After applying the cement to the painted surface you need to just quickly wipe the brush on some paper towel if it has picked up any paint before you put it back in the pot.

The best thing to do would be buy another pot of cement and use the discoloured one for sprue goo (yellow sprue in this case). Pantherman

You're really into inhaling all that vapor aren't you . ;)

I've never heard of anyone even attempting that ; there's really no need .
Like I said earlier , it's half acetone and half butyl acetate , so that turbidity would require a super fine filter to remove since the resin in there has been totally dissolved .
A coffee filter would probably catch some of it ? , maybe ? lol .

when my new bottle gets here im gonna try the coffee filter on this old bottle, outside LOL

My cat goes nuts sometimes chases shadows, so i put her outside. LOL

If you want to save some money ,
this stuff works great for solvent welding polystyrene and it's a fraction the cost of the small bottles of Tamiya etc .
It's ethyl acetate .
631632a5-b1be-44ad-8e9e-7d8b4da61473_500x500.jpg

Here's a hint…. liquid glue (or tube glue) and paint don't play nice. Why? They leave a mess, glue don't stick to paint.

My advice is scrape any area where glue needs to adhere and set.

Don't bother with coffee filter to get dirt residue out. Most likely they'll be settled at the bottom of the bottle. You only making more of a mess than what it's worth.

Latest posts

Back