Gluing clear parts

Edbert

I do see a message thread in here about this, but it is over 10 years old so maybe things have changed?

I've been using clear white glue on canopies and clear parts since I first fogged a cockpit with the orange tube of Testors.

I'm mnow working on an F-4B and the canopy itself consists of 23 parts, many are to be painted black and glued directly to the clear. I do not think I can use the white-glue on these tiny parts without it looking like a child with fat fingers did it.

Is there a modern glue that will not fog the clear or run all over the place? Another concern is the mating surfaces, do I need to keep paint off of them with whatever glue you suggest?

I do see a message thread in here about this, but it is over 10 years old so maybe things have changed?

I've been using clear white glue on canopies and clear parts since I first fogged a cockpit with the orange tube of Testors.

I'm mnow working on an F-4B and the canopy itself consists of 23 parts, many are to be painted black and glued directly to the clear. I do not think I can use the white-glue on these tiny parts without it looking like a child with fat fingers did it.

Is there a modern glue that will not fog the clear or run all over the place? Another concern is the mating surfaces, do I need to keep paint off of them with whatever glue you suggest?
This is what I use for my canopies

913laraJLQL.jpg

BTW ,
I discovered the difference between the 2 PVA
PVA , and PVAc
the c being the compound monomer , with a vinyl alcohol monomer stitched into the vinyl acetate monomer .
The alcohol is the one that crosslinks .
So . the PVAc are the stronger adhesives due to the crosslinking .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back