Guiness Beer

S

ScaleModelMadman

LOL

Sorry, I don't give in to peer pressure like some of the other blokes around here mate. ;) I'm going off for a few hours to have a few Guinness with some friends.

BTW, I hope all is well on the home front now .

yeah ,all ok mate thanks ;)

You dont drink that old Black stuff do ya ?? why do you think we export it ;)

Chris.

Dont know many people in Ireland that does Spud ;D

Chris.

Hey Ken,

I'm mainly an aircraft guy but I'm always looking for ideas. Thanks for taking the time to be so thorough.

I don't drink anymore never really enjoyed it, but I think it's an old mans drink!!!!!

ShutterAce said:
Hey Ken,

I'm mainly an aircraft guy but I'm always looking for ideas. Thanks for taking the time to be so thorough.

Thanks Jim. 8)

...and yes, I love Guinness.

lol well if you ever over here have a propper pint :) i will not pay tough :p

For a stout, Guinness is a bland, weak beer. Has the color, but not the body or flavor. Basically a lager disguising itself as a stout.

Much better stouts out there on the market, heck the stout that Sam Adams makes blows Guinness out of the water.

Lol you wouldn't say that if you tasted a pint brewed here, the stuff brewed abroad is never the same.

Ken ...appologies for cluttering up your thread with this buddy ,didnt think it would turn into a beer debate ::)....Just for the record ,Im a Whiskey man myself ...There's nothing like a good Black Bush ;D

Chris.

LOL No worries at all Chris, I didn't think it would either. ;)

I always loved Southern Comfort myself when I was younger, as I grew older I began preferring my Grey Goose gimlets.

I drink Guinness because I love the light carbonation of a true Stout, if I wanted high carbonation I'd drink Pepsi. Guinness is an acquired taste I'd imagine and saying it sucks, or is better than something else, is just like arguing Ford/Chevy, Rock/Pop, Dem/Rep etc.

Time better spent doing other stuff eh?

good point ken, same goes for anything really, We all have our own preferences and this is what makes it all good :)

Humm... a drinking thread ! ;D

As far as I´ve readen the comments... I think that the most important for Ken is that he went around with his mates to have some drink... being "Guinness" a secondary issue.

IMHO the best drink is : first, the one that you can get AND, if you have access to a wide drinking panopya... the best drink is the one that you want to drink. Tap water qualifies also.

I´m a very wide spectre drinker, I openly recognize I really like TO DRINK when its drinking time...and now at my forties I absolutely choose quality over quantity... but I always prefer to drink cheap beer with my brother in law talking about garbage, than drinking expensive wines or so with some cretins whose company I hate / would hate.

I´ll try to put my hands over that Sam Adams Stout, Grey Goose, and Black Bush.

Salud,
RG

Was only in England once on an overnight layover...went to a pub for a pint of Sovereign Ale and really enjoyed that. Then we went to an Indian restaurant and had their Kingfisher Ale. Really struck me as funny that I was in an Indian restaurant in London drinking a beer that was bottled by the brewery here in Saratoga Springs, NY where I live ;)

One of the best Stouts I have had is made in Quebec, St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout. Unfortunately probably only available in Canada. Another very good one is Young's Double Chocolate Stout, imported from the UK. Contrary to the name, it doesn't taste like a liquid Hershey bar, but does have some Chocolate notes, as well as some great coffee notes.

Scotch....don't have much in the house, buddy of mine turned me on to one made in Canada called 40 Creek. Again, don't know if it is available outside of Canada, but is very good. One of my best friends is a level 4 Sommelier (ie Wine expert) as well as a certified expert in Scotch and Beer, and he ends up getting me to try some odd stuff. Some pretty good, some other stuff excellent, some other items not so much!! LOL

:D Wow, I´m really taking notes here! Ales & Stouts, my favourite beers...

Along with the other names two post ago or so, these definitely go to the "beer bag":

* Sovereign Ale (I like a lot ALES, the one that I can find near my home is "London Pride" - 1,40 â'¬/ 0,50lt can ).

* Kingfisher Ale.

* St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout (I´ll take a good tasting when I´ll get back to Canada... my wife & me went to British Col. some years ago and... I´ll be back for sure, I love Canada... except in winter ;D ).

* Young's Double Chocolate Stout... if it is made in the EU... I´ll be able to get a taste!

* 40 Creek ... the same... back @ Can.

Here we don´t produce ales / stouts: people is just used to lager... it´s a pity. very few people drinks those kind of beers... :-[ but we have some good crafted abbey-style beers, and some VERY good lagers-style, really top nocht, my choosing:
* Alhambra Reserva Especial 1925 (6.8º).
* Mezquita (7.2º)
* Voll Damm Double Malt (7º)

* And an extravaganza from Master Chef Ferran Adriá (El Bullí restaurant), called Inedit, very tasty, it comes in a 750 ml bottle. Very good

but I always prefer to drink cheap beer with my brother in law talking about garbage, than drinking expensive wines or so with some cretins whose company I hate / would hate.

So true!

Latest posts

Back