How do you know what paint to use on my model

I don't think he's going to be using primer .
He should .
Sheepy told him it's not needed .
ridiculous upon ridiculous

I don't think he's going to be using primer .
He should .
Sheepy told him it's not needed .
ridiculous upon ridiculous
OH! I forgot primer! looks like it is good that I waited or I might have bought gray and I need black.

EDIT:: maybe buy both?

EDIT::EDIT:: Maybe I just need to pony up the dough and get an airbrush?

I'm greatly dissatisfied with the Orange. I might just leave the orange out. I just put a third coat on the wheel and we will see what that looks like... I realized that the wheel might be difficult to paint with all it's little indentations. Water cleans out the brush easily and I think I finally got the paint to the right consistency like milk like somebody said on here. I have another wheel and if I can't get this wheel to look good I will try the other side of the wheel without the indentations. I found that using a brush that's too big causes the paint to thin too much wasting the paint. I also found out NOT to use paper plates with a Thinner in the paint brcause the plate melts.

EDIT:: I wish it looked like the paint on the paper... THe green is just fine and covers well.

It's dry but the paint thins out across the top areas and gathers in the indentations.

orangeandgreen001.JPG

Last edited:
I got lost... am I supposed to be buying harddware store lacquer thinner?

EDIT:: somehwere on the interwebs there is a video of someone making their own thinning potion.

No , you don't want lacquer thinner for hand brushing .
That 3rd gen should need only water to thin it if at all , but better to use a thinner medium ,
https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catag...u=3&pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber_a&so=d&man=VLJ
Okay thanks. Just now I painted an extra part of the F-15 without trying to thin the orange. The Lacquer paint dried without being thinned in record time. I can't wat to see how the part looks painted!!

OH NO!!! I forgot that I need primer! Should I buy black primer for the orange parts and grey for the rest of the Helicopter?

Back