i got tamiya glue on my clear plastic

This somewhat confuses me. I had mentioned before that in the past (once i learned what superglue does to clear parts) that i only use SG on them if its not a direct contact with the viewable part.

In this case the lights have a stud on the back and i only applied SG to that stud which was on the other side of the fender and bumper.

As you can see the clear driving lights below the headlights are still clear. So why did the headlights go foggy if glued in the same way?

Is it fumes/vapors that would cause that?

20241004_201158.jpg

I wouldnt normally use ca for clear parts but did recently on the canopy of a heli I'm building as I had to prize the the frame apart it was glued to so needed something strong and quick drying,figured it would be fine as the side windows where still out so plenty of ventilation but still got some fogging and that was from the fumes, it's pretty potent stuff.

This somewhat confuses me. I had mentioned before that in the past (once i learned what superglue does to clear parts) that i only use SG on them if its not a direct contact with the viewable part.

In this case the lights have a stud on the back and i only applied SG to that stud which was on the other side of the fender and bumper.

As you can see the clear driving lights below the headlights are still clear. So why did the headlights go foggy if glued in the same way?

View attachment 126301
Vapor
The polymerization reaction is extremely energetic and shoots tiny bits of that CA off which precipitates down on surfaces adjacent the glue line .
That fogging is that CA " rain " .

View attachment 126301

Didn't I just warned you about that once? NEVER use super glue or CA glue (same type of glue) on clear parts. Now you know. Hard lesson learned.

Try a little bit of Future on the lens. It should clear it up.

my pva glue will be here monday so no more issue, i just thought if i used it on the stub n not directly on lense it would not hurt it. I wont get model or ca glue anywhere near clear plastic from now on. I was trying to be sneaky and did not work lol

Latest posts

Back