K7 bluebird 1/43 scale build

Started off reading about a kit that was donkey years, old and then got into the meat of your build... Keith, you have taken a run of the mill model and made it into a thing of beauty.
I was worried about those awfull panel lines and so pleased you finally got rid of them...
Once your build has finished I hope you will take it to Coniston and show the people there your build and produce a small booklet of your build for them to see the work and workmanship that has gone into building this iconic machine.
Excellent.
Mike.

While there is still a lot to do, I've been putting together some final plans.
I need to make the rudder, it's mechanism and mounts and the stabiliser (which I presume is a sort of fake rudder to equalise drag) and it's mounts. These two parts will really get in the way, as they stick down low below the hull, making it impossible to place the model down on a flat surface, so I want to try and make these two removable.
At least the splash guard arms (if not the complete splash guards) will need making and holes drilled into the body for them.
Seatbelts, a coat of primer, rivet decals, final coat of primer and the two pipes/vents for the top of the "fuselage" before painting the main body.
The sponsons need a lot of work, panel lines and brass parts making. I decided to tackle the sponsons last, as if they are a completely separate project from the rest of the model.

The fin will be the guinea pig and will be fully finished.... painted, have the decals applied and be clear coated before any painting is done to the rest of the model. The idea being, if something goes wrong with the painting process, I should be able to find some new union jack decals if needed and only have a small part of the model to restore.

Back