Kenworth W900 Aerodyne 1:25 scale (Revell)

Still need to get the grandsons nameplate made at the trophy shop for the rear of the sleeper, but its all done otherwize.

Looks so much better with the additional rear fender, revell should include one in the kit IMO. Also the addional skid plate does a nice job of hiding the assembly hole in the back.

If you do this kit, order another rear fender when you do, i found mine on ebay, its worth it.

To mount the extra fender i cut the middle section that connects them out and it fits perfect. I used a small piece of cardboard as a spacer on top of the tire till glue dried.

I cut up and moved some of the decals to the roof and hood, looks better there. Not sure but i think 2 decals shrunk a bit. They are not where i left them and seem to have moved slighty over the last week sitting idle.

I also used part of the sprue and made a flag pole and made a paper flag.

I would and will do this kit again. It was both challenging and fun to do.

View attachment 127482View attachment 127483View attachment 127484View attachment 127485View attachment 127486View attachment 127487View attachment 127488
Nice build, think I need to build a truck. Pantherman

Nice build, think I need to build a truck. Pantherman
Would love to see that :)

Just remember if you get this kit, the rear axles are very weak in design, i have already had to insert metal pins in two of them just moving it around as carefully as i do. They break right where the axle is connected to the frame, poor design or poor plastic welds. So that might be something you do right from the start. Also dont remove the protective plastic guard for the side steps to the sleeper until the very last, they are also weak in design.

And then the only other thing i can remember off hand is the passenger side air can, keep it as far back in mounting as you can (1/16 of an inch off) as it may rub against the hood fender when you open the hood. I was actually thinking of maybe making a round coupler with putty to go around the connection and then spreading apart the connection so i could move the can back a tiny bit farther back and then covering the gap in the connection with the custom coupler.

If there is anything else its in my previous posts somewhere, i mentioned things as i found them.

I will get another one next month, im broke this month now.. LOL

Would love to see that :)

Just remember if you get this kit, the rear axles are very weak in design, i have already had to insert metal pins in two of them just moving it around as carefully as i do. They break right where the axle is connected to the frame, poor design or poor plastic welds. So that might be something you do right from the start. Also dont remove the protective plastic guard for the side steps to the sleeper until the very last, they are also weak in design.

And then the only other thing i can remember off hand is the passenger side air can, keep it as far back in mounting as you can (1/16 of an inch off) as it may rub against the hood fender when you open the hood. I was actually thinking of maybe making a round coupler with putty to go around the connection and then spreading apart the connection so i could move the can back a tiny bit farther back and then covering the gap in the connection with the custom coupler.

If there is anything else its in my previous posts somewhere, i mentioned things as i found them.

I will get another one next month, im broke this month now.. LOL
I have added it to my wishlist. Think santa may need a bigger sleigh this year and better throw in a couple of extra reindeer, I'm thinking maybe basher and smasher..... I am sure Downtime would approve. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back