P-47 Thunderbolt research help

ohbejuan

Hello,

I have not been too rigorous about doing research and finding reference photos, mostly content to use reference information from the kit manufacturer. I suspect I might be in the minority in that way :).
So, I was chatting with my sister's partner, and she said she had a relative that flew in World War II, in a P-47 Thunderbolt. I am now curious about building this plane for her.
She sent me this link. It has a good photo in it where I can see the markings. and the invasion strips.
https://mymemorialday.org/remember/hamilton.php

My question is... what are some good resources for finding reference photos and more information? I did some rudimentary Google searches and did not find much additional information.

Any suggestions are welcome.

You're not going to find aftermarket decals for that particular P-47 Thunderbolt scheme. Your best bet is make your own decals or find someone who does custom decals.

Thanks to everyone for the help so far! My friend is "up north" in Michigan for the summer and says she has more photos at home in North Carolina. So I hope to get the squadron and tail number in a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back