paint removal

durangod

Sorry i forgot, what is the formula again to soak a model part (not chrime not clear) to remove paint to start over?

Its all testor acrylic paint other than the primer.

Oh its superclean, i thought it was a mixed concoction of some kind. I added alittle rubbing alchohol in with the superclean, ill see how that does.

Last edited:
Sorry i forgot, what is the formula again to soak a model part (not chrime not clear) to remove paint to start over?

Its all testor acrylic paint other than the primer.

Oh its superclean, i thought it was a mixed concoction of some kind. I added alittle rubbing alchohol in with the superclean, ill see how that does.
People in the UK seem to like Dettol, it's hygiene for surfaces , cuts etc .Don't know where you are ?

2801eca7f7364b10b3c429b432b82bb6

this is all i could get from superclean. I sanded the back clean to test and came off but cant sand front. So trying pure rubbing alchohol to see if works more on front.

20241001_063752.jpg20241001_063757.jpg

Update after an hour in alchohol and using scrub brush i think this is about the best its gonna get. So ill try painting again.

20241001_074011.jpg

Last edited:
With SuperClean, the longer the soak, the more paint will come off or soften to the point where it rinses off under running water, or scrubs easily with an old toothbrush. Most cases, a soak of about 5 minutes suffices. I have had a couple of items, metal figures, that were painted with God-knows-what-kind of paint it was, that took a day or two for me to get it all. But those are rare exceptions.
I do usually let the piece soak a couple of hours while I work on something else, or between sessions.
With chromed styrene, it was two minutes from start to squeaky-clean.

Latest posts

Back