Sotar 2020 for under $60

adampolo13 said:
Well my new Sotar just showed up! Can't wait to throe it through it's paces! Thanks again G!
You got it already.
When did you order it!

Holy smokes Batman!
I just got mine in as well!
And I only placed the order in last night!
And it has two needles!
WOW! :eek:

Pretty sweet brush huh? I haven't gotten a chance to try it out just yet, the in-laws just left and I am pooped! I may need a couple pots of coffee just to get my energy level up. haha

Wow thats pretty cheap

ive been wanting to buy a Krome but i might get this instead to go along side my patriot 105

Ian said:
That was convincing enouph!!
Actually i talked to the GF about it and she told me to order it and shes gona use it has my xmas gift

Im so lucky.

Thank for the link John

Neo, you won't be disappointed! I got a chance to play with mine today and couldn't be more pleased. I was able to get some very good results out of it. I was working on some 1/32 scale landing gear and was able to get in real tight on an area I needed to paint silver. Was able to get so tight that I didn't have to mask and got NO over spray!

Great brush!!!

It is my favorite out of the four that I have. It just won't spray a wide pattern. But that is what other air brushes are for.

Very easy to clean too. Just don't drop it!

Ok. Just couldn't resist, not like I needed another airbrush, but this will be my first non Paasche. With two Talons, a VL and my original H, kind of redundant, but what are you gonna do :) now that my wife and son are finally here, modeling has been put to storage until we get into a bigger place so I can set up again. Thankfully the missus is good with it :) I will be looking forward to slinging some paint with the new AB

mine just arrived i loaded it up with some water and when i pushed the trigger down all the water came out of the cup. it seems my airbrush is forcing air out of the cup as well as the needle. i am glad it wasn't loaded with paint

I read somewhere today(can't remember where) that these special sale Sotar instruments are slightly defective (cosmetic defects?)but otherwise fully functional and that is why they are so cheap.
Personally, I don't care if the instrument was bare metal, as long as it works, it's OK by me.

I haven't noticed any defects, cosmetic or otherwise. Other than not being able to spray a wide pattern its great.

I tested mine this morning.
When I put some Windex in it and pressed the trigger, only air would come out and thought that was odd.
I raised the air pressure and Bingo!
But then I noticed that it was spraying when I pressed the trigger without pulling back.
So I put on my glasses and noticed the tip of the needle was not showing through the nozzle.
They ship the airbrush with the needle retracted (I guess for protection during transport?).
Once I placed the needle all the way in, it works like a charm!
;D

Yup. Same with mine. I always take apart my brushes prior to first use anyways. I've now gotten into the practice of using BADGER Regdab airbrush lube which is great as well!

Latest posts

Back