Sotar 2020 for under $60

Got my new one a little while ago, I haven't opened the box yet, work has me bogged down...

[quote author=Black Sheep 1 ilink=topic=10335.msg163225#msg163225 date=1386344841]
I tested mine this morning.
When I put some Windex in it and pressed the trigger, only air would come out and thought that was odd.
I raised the air pressure and Bingo!
But then I noticed that it was spraying when I pressed the trigger without pulling back.
So I put on my glasses and noticed the tip of the needle was not showing through the nozzle.
They ship the airbrush with the needle retracted (I guess for protection during transport?).
Once I placed the needle all the way in, it works like a charm!
;D
[/quote]

Yep the nedle is not fully in when you get it... it mentionned in the manual that comes with it. Mine looks perfect but the foam cutout was damaged so maybe thats the defect on mine.

I did my first test run the other day and its great. I did notice im goin to have to start mixing my paint outside the cup or else the thinner dosent seam to mix in far enouph and the begining spay is too thick abd once past that its to thin.

Neo said:
[quote author=Black Sheep 1 ilink=topic=10335.msg163225#msg163225 date=1386344841]
I tested mine this morning.
When I put some Windex in it and pressed the trigger, only air would come out and thought that was odd.
I raised the air pressure and Bingo!
But then I noticed that it was spraying when I pressed the trigger without pulling back.
So I put on my glasses and noticed the tip of the needle was not showing through the nozzle.
They ship the airbrush with the needle retracted (I guess for protection during transport?).
Once I placed the needle all the way in, it works like a charm!
;D

Yep the nedle is not fully in when you get it... it mentionned in the manual that comes with it. Mine looks perfect but the foam cutout was damaged so maybe thats the defect on mine.

I did my first test run the other day and its great. I did notice im goin to have to start mixing my paint outside the cup or else the thinner dosent seam to mix in far enouph and the begining spay is too thick abd once past that its to thin.
[/quote]

If you are mixing in your airbrush, always put the thinner in first, then you paint. Back flush to mix, and Bob's your uncle.

Scott has it right, thinners first. But I would agree that the Sotar's cup really is too small for mixing.

Latest posts

Back