Star Wars Theme Group Build

Metallic paint! I decided to go for a variety of colors on the piping on the Y-wing. It choose at random which pipe is which color. So we will see how it works out. Before I place them I have to spray the base coat and the chipping on the main body and nacelles
IMG_5186.jpeg

IMG_5184.jpeg

Metallic paint! I decided to go for a variety of colors on the piping on the Y-wing. It choose at random which pipe is which color. So we will see how it works out. Before I place them I have to spray the base coat and the chipping on the main body and nacelles
View attachment 120851

View attachment 120852
The metallic paint work looks really good! You could forget you are looking at a piece of plastic! Well done!

The front is mostly finished, just some detailing and a mist coat over everything. Started on the back and the wings. The liquid mask was coming off of the areas that had multiple layers of paint. It also came off easier the thicker the masking was applied. I really like the effect that you are able to get with it. I want to try chipping media at some point. The red and pink I don't believe are the correct shades, but I'm hoping the mist coat will help to at least dull them down more.

You will probably notice on the last picture the tan spots. When I was mixing the yellow I almost dropped the bottle on the floor and spilled almost half of it out. I'm going to have to touch-up the green and gray obviously. Getting more clumsy the older I get.
Slave I (18).jpgSlave I (19).jpgSlave I (20).jpgSlave I (21).jpgSlave I (22).jpgSlave I (23).jpgSlave I (24).jpg

Final foil application to address some light bleed from the engines.

Today my final order of cabling arrived so I was able to complete the electronics and I have installed upper stabiliser. Finally, I have brought the two halves together, glued them along the seams and applied clamps all round.

This will be the moment of truth.

The cockpit popped off in the process but I think it will glue back okay.

1000020745.jpg

1000020746.jpg

1000020770.jpg

1000020771.jpg

The front is mostly finished, just some detailing and a mist coat over everything. Started on the back and the wings. The liquid mask was coming off of the areas that had multiple layers of paint. It also came off easier the thicker the masking was applied. I really like the effect that you are able to get with it. I want to try chipping media at some point. The red and pink I don't believe are the correct shades, but I'm hoping the mist coat will help to at least dull them down more.

You will probably notice on the last picture the tan spots. When I was mixing the yellow I almost dropped the bottle on the floor and spilled almost half of it out. I'm going to have to touch-up the green and gray obviously. Getting more clumsy the older I get.
View attachment 120855View attachment 120856View attachment 120857View attachment 120858View attachment 120859View attachment 120860View attachment 120861

Coming together nicely and chipping turned out well

Latest posts

Back