Star Wars Theme Group Build

I just wanted to say to @Tim63 and I think @Pantherman for helping to organize this group build! It is my first group build and I found it a helpful and motivating. If I missed anyone who helped organize I am sorry, and know I am grateful. Love seeing everyone's excellent work.
No worries. Keep an eye out for future group builds or maybe even suggest a topic we can have a go at? Pantherman

I finally put all *38* individual pieces of piping on this damn thing. Good thing they don't put the designer's contact info on the box or I would fly to Japan and punch them right in the whooo-hah
View attachment 121957

View attachment 121958
Some touch up paint and I think a little clay-based wash to finish it up.

Love the color scheme

Also, for a 1/72 scale kit, it has a ton of parts and takes a good amount of time to build compared to other subjects comparable in size

I just wanted to say to @Tim63 and I think @Pantherman for helping to organize this group build! It is my first group build and I found it a helpful and motivating. If I missed anyone who helped organize I am sorry, and know I am grateful. Love seeing everyone's excellent work.
Group builds are great motivators and, for me, great learning experiences. The group builds get me out of my comfort zone and build something I normally wouldn't. There will be more to join or as PM said "you can suggest a topic".

Here's my update. I've finished fashioning all of the piping. I'll need to do some detail painting inside the cockpit, then attach the canopy. After that, all I will need to do is attach the nacelle pylons and I'll be done, I suppose. This is gonna be a filthy Y-Wing. I tend to overdo the weathering. I'm a spaz like that, I guess.
IMG_0930.JPG

Here's my update. I've finished fashioning all of the piping. I'll need to do some detail painting inside the cockpit, then attach the canopy. After that, all I will need to do is attach the nacelle pylons and I'll be done, I suppose. This is gonna be a filthy Y-Wing. I tend to overdo the weathering. I'm a spaz like that, I guess.
View attachment 122308
If weathering makes you happy and you like a lot of it, then who are we to judge? I'm rooting you on!

As for my entry, I'm still deciding. Been out of it for so long that I'm worried about trying to take on too complex a build to start with. I think building that A-Wing is the best idea. Besides - who's to say I can't do two builds?

If weathering makes you happy and you like a lot of it, then who are we to judge? I'm rooting you on!

As for my entry, I'm still deciding. Been out of it for so long that I'm worried about trying to take on too complex a build to start with. I think building that A-Wing is the best idea. Besides - who's to say I can't do two builds?
No real rules so just go with what you want to. You could always start 2 but only finish 1,it's really up to you. Pantherman

View attachment 122308
I think the weathering looks great!

Everyone's entries are looking so good. It's great motivation.

I made a little bit more progress. Got the ground laid down. There will be quite a bit of snow when done so I probably didn't need to use so many resources but I need the practice.

colorbase1_sm.jpg

colorbase3_sm.jpg

colorbase2_sm.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I made a little bit more progress. Got the ground laid down. There will be quite a bit of snow when done so I probably didn't need to use so many resources but I need the practice.

colorbase1_sm.jpg

colorbase3_sm.jpg

colorbase2_sm.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Very realistic, I'm loving the rock work. Almost seems a pity to cover it with snow. Pantherman

View attachment 122308

Excellent!

colorbase1_sm.jpg

colorbase3_sm.jpg

colorbase2_sm.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Very cool that you went with actual groundwork instead of just straight to snow. I think it will create a much more natural looking base and allows some of the rock and mud to show through as well in places where snow was blown off the rock, or mud where the AT-AT dug into the ground etc...

Very cool that you went with actual groundwork instead of just straight to snow. I think it will create a much more natural looking base and allows some of the rock and mud to show through as well in places where snow was blown off the rock, or mud where the AT-AT dug into the ground etc...
Thanks. I need to look up how to make mud, haven't tried that before.

Latest posts

Back